Service Disabled - No SIM Card*Emergency Calls Only

UberRian02

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys!

I would like to know what can be the possible explanation and solutions of the problem my phone is currently facing.
Phone: LG G4 - H540
What happened:
I somehow accidentally removed the SIM cards from the trays without powering off the phone. Then after reinserting then rebooting, it started saying *title*. I can assure it's not hardware issue since I checked and there were no problems. Therefore it can only be a software issue or something.

It is currently a problem no simple solution can solve: Rebooting (tried many times, no luck), Reinserting the SIM Cards (Though it is really not hardware issue), and even Resetting the phone, yet the problem still persists. No suggestions currently are working through 5 hours of researching and sitting on my chair for solutions.

Solutions which thought would work, yet it didn't and discovered more:
After rebooting, says *SERVICE DISABLED* for both sim cards. Then changes to Emergency Calls only or no service. Here I tried to worsen the problem, but it didnt. I removed AGAIN the sim card whilst the phone is still up, NO PoPUp message came, which would've said removed sim card or something. YET it still shows the same error, same message.

At settings, thought of the APN thingies and the WCDMA/GSM changes would work, but of course, it wouldn't. Because there are entirely no SIM cards detected, which makes the *Mobile Network* settings unchangeable ( grayed out, not clickable ). Mobile Data can't be turned on.

Another, one of those IMEI thingies. Well, they'd say it would happen if the phone has an IMEI error (wherein no IMEI shows up when you type @dial *#06#), which I tried, yet it still showed the IMEI of my phone. No errors there.

And another, the android code @dial *#*#4636#*#*. Of course, we would want to access the Phone Information. What happened when I clicked it? It showed the error saying "This application does not work on this device."

USB Tethering, not usable too.

To Sum it up, just notice the part where ENTIRELY my SIM card cannot be detected. Even in settings, Dual SIM Card, the two sims are grayed out ( meaning cant be clicked or something ). I'd say the problem my phone currently is facing, is a software problem, not one hardware problem.

I can be open to more suggestions (of course, other than those stated above) which can fix the problem of my phone.

By the way, sorry for bragging anyone (probably everyone) with this, but I hope my phone gets fixed soon. I can be also available to any knowledge I can lend to help your problems too!

Best regards,
Rian Reyes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Even though you're making the argument that it's a software issue, I wonder if the SIM got damaged in the process of removing it. It may be worth going to your carrier and seeing if they can test out a new SIM card.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How did you get the sim out without pulling the battery. The battery sits just high enough to prevent the sim from coming out. If you pulled the battery to remove the sim, the phone would have been powered off. If you managed to pull the sim out by lifting and pulling, you damaged the pins that read the sim card. That would be a bad thing!

UberRian02

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
How did you get the sim out without pulling the battery. The battery sits just high enough to prevent the sim from coming out. If you pulled the battery to remove the sim, the phone would have been powered off. If you managed to pull the sim out by lifting and pulling, you damaged the pins that read the sim card. That would be a bad thing!

That wouldnt be possible. I have a LG G4 H540 on which the sim card slots are not below the batteries, instead are near the camera up top.

Btw, tried replacing the sim card, still no luck, and een tried the sim cards in another device and works perfectly. There are no hardware defects whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC