No Nougat for the G4

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm really not surprised about this, given all the problems with bootlooping on the G4 and V10. More so on the G4. It does frustrate the heck out of me because I'm using one, but I really don't see the need to upgrade yet. I'm also on Verizon so custom Roms aren't an option for me. It is disappointing especially that the S6 has Nougat or is supposed to be getting it and it came out the same year.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Not surprised and ever since Marshmallow I don't really care much for Android updates as the handsets can't always handle them.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It may just be for the Korean units, but I have to say that this is not surprising, but also kinda irritating.

It kinda feels to me that LG didn't bother to find the real cause on why the G4 kept bootlooping and instead just placed a stop-gap solution of just fixing affected devices until they're out of warranty. That might not be so, but I can understand how many G4 owners now feel.

Maybe we'll get more word in the future, but this is definitely very bad news for those of us who are looking at LG handsets but are also concerned about updates.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
All the more reason NOT to buy another LG phone. They won't update a "problem" that they created. LG phones are the fastest to depreciate once you buy them too. Good bye after 4 LG phones.

Oceanic16

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
That story doesn't come from LG. It is only a rumour. If it were true one would think that LG would have announced the intended update by now. By keeping quiet they are hoping that the truth doesn't come out and hurt sales of the LG G6. The truth being that their customer service and commitment to existing phones is one of the worst in the industry. Samsung has announced support for Nougat on the Note 5 and GS6 and Moto have released Nougat on their G4. This forum is all about the pain of owning an LG G4 and this thread is no different.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Well all I know is the G4 was the first and last LG handset I shall be buying. Next is going to be a Samsung or Pixel XL.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
That story doesn't come from LG. It is only a rumour. If it were true one would think that LG would have announced the intended update by now. By keeping quiet they are hoping that the truth doesn't come out and hurt sales of the LG G6. The truth being that their customer service and commitment to existing phones is one of the worst in the industry. Samsung has announced support for Nougat on the Note 5 and GS6 and Moto have released Nougat on their G4. This forum is all about the pain of owning an LG G4 and this thread is no different.

You were saying.....?

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My LgG4 has performed great and I got it the day it was released with Verizon.
NOT giving this fantastic phone Nougat would guarantee a show of no confidence in Lg customer support from me and this would be my first and last Lg phone!