Is there a way i can connect to wifi on my Android through my computer (Chromebook OS)

NMiller77

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi Android Central!

This is the first time I'm posting to the forums. Glad to be part of the community!

So lately I've been trying to find a way to make my android connect to wifi that my computer is already connected to. I don't know if you would count this as a tethering method or what but I want to hear from you guys if you know anyway on how to do it.

I currently have a LG G4 and the computer I have is running Chromebook OS. This is a school laptop. The school lets us use our phones at points but, really it's no use. You literally go no 4G or 3G anywhere in the building unless you're standing outside. The school is also very uptight about giving the students a Guest WiFi. What I'm trying to do is somehow... Connect to the wifi network that my computer is connected to through my LG using a USB cord. Idk if this is even possible or not.

Give me all the info you can. If you'd like me to give any more info about my computer or my phone I'd be more than happy to.

-NM

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but I don't believe Chromebooks can act as an internet tether via USB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670