Phone Freezes When Turning On Bluetooth

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't use bluetooth often so it's off most of the time. But when I go to enable bluetooth, the phone freezes. I would have to pull the battery, and when the phone restarts the bluetooth is enabled. Pairing and connecting is fine, just whenever I turn on bluetooth it freezes the phone.

Anyone having this issue and workaround, other than leaving bluetooth on?

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue two nights ago and now my battery is draining incredibly fast for as little as I use a phone.

I have to keep Bluetooth turned off as well because it also kills the battery life. I only turn it on when I'm going to be in the car for more than a few minutes. It burns the battery so fast that when I'm in the car I connect the phone to the charger and it still rapidly drains the battery. But that's another topic entirely.

The other night I was making a small trip so I pulled down the notification window to turn on Bluetooth and it's been normal to slightly freeze up. But like the OP said this time it completely froze. I had to wait about 5 minutes for it to unfreeze and power down and restart.

Came back home that night and charged it up before bedtime as usual. I think it fully charged somewhere around 11pm. It's my morning alarm so when I woke up to turn it off the battery had dropped down to 75% where it's usually around 95% or so in the morning. Checked the battery usage and Android OS was running at 57%. Since I knew the battery was draining fast I only checked it two or three more times before going home after work. The Android OS percentage usage dropped down as the day went on to around 27% by the time I got home that evening.

The battery itself had dropped down to 29%. Usually it's in the mid 60's when I got home. Charged it up and again this morning it was down to 77% but this time Android OS was only at about 27%.

So it sounds like something happened after that freeze to cause the battery to drain faster than normal but I just don't know what it could be.

I'm on Android 6.0

Last edited:

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've tried enabling and disabling bluetooth a few times since my original post. It no longer freezes, but I have had occasion of it running hot and also fast battery drain, and each time after a battery pull and restart it's back to normal.

Bennybeq

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem and managed to solve it when I disabled location accuracy using bluetooth. Improving location accuracy using bluetooth freezes the phone when it can't determine your location. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12