Rumors of buttons on the side is a deal breaker. Anyone else?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I think I fell in love with LG for the buttons in the back and double tap. I absolutely hate taking my phone out and pressing the power button or the volume rocker in the process. Also if you hold your phone sideways there is another chance to push them by accident.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm in 'the other boat'. Couldn't love the G4 mostly because of the buttons in the back. They just didn't fit naturally for me at least (I know most people said that's where their fingers naturally rest when holding the phone... not mine, and it got really uncomfortable really quickly).

Double Tap I did love, though. In a couple of days I got so used to it I was double tapping my work iPhone expecting it to work.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The buttons on the back make it one of the reasons I love the LG devices. I can use the buttons while the phones in my pocket.

I'm disappointed in the lake about the buttons and this could steer my decision to get something else or just keep my g4.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Fell in love with the back buttons after about 5 minutes, in fact the side buttons just get in the way IMO on other phones.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If it's a deal breaker what are the alternatives? You can't but a G5 if it doesn't have buttons on the back (deal breaker) but the only phones that do will be old LG devices.

I'd imagine, buttons on the side will make it more appealing to more people. I know whenever I thought about buying an LG G4 I always had that nagging doubt "will I like and get used to those back buttons". Because it's so different there's no way of knowing as you have to have the phone for a while and get used to it. That could put more people off than it attracts.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Have had three phones with back buttons and like them a lot. But I do not use them very much with the tap on. If the phone had side buttons but kept the double tap on it would not be a deal breaker for me. But I would not buy if screen is smaller than the V10.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I love my g4 and the back buttons. The g5 wants to be a Samsung?

Taking only my G4 and my Re-camera into the Parks.

Have you tried using the G4 side by side with a Samsung (an older one, actually). LG IS trying to be a Samsung, software-wise! It's got some hits and misses, but while the G4 felt like old TouchWiz on steroids, I couldn't help thinking 'mmm...this feels familiar'. It was snappier and definitely less gimmick-packed than Samsung phones though. But still couldn't love the G4 :( But then again, that's just me.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually find sides buttons very clumsy now. Every time I handle my dads Note 4, I'm accidentally either pressing the power or up/down volume rocker. I suppose its because of the way I grab and hold my G3/G4 without any care in the world. ;)

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Because side buttons Do line up perfectly with my hand, I was forever pushing them by accident. Back buttons never have that problem, and as some mention, are handy for launching things like the camera or flashlight when the screen is off.

I think the new battery configuration in the photos also look unappealing, and a potential source of problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I like no buttons hindering me when surfing the web.
That and the fantastic flexible POLED curved screen, awesome.

Scrolling and surfing the web with that beast is out of this world.

I'm waiting for the Flex 3 :p

posted via the LG Flex 2

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Incredibly annoying the departure from this. For me though the real issue is the reduction in screen size

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I can go either way... As a hand held large phone back buttons are better. But there are times I miss having buttons more easily accessed when the phone is sitting flat on my desk and I'm streaming audio. I lay the phone face down so the volume buttons are easy to access. My wife has a 6s+ in an otterbox, and with a phone that large it's a little difficult at times to reach the buttons.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
time wise I'm using my smartphone for browsing the web. SO no buttons around my device to hit by mistake is comfortable.

Oh boy wish my Flex 2 had an fingerprint sensor placed on the powerbutton.

That would be close to perfect.
Not change much, Snapdragon 820 with 4gigs and 20MP /5MP shooters with manual settings.

posted via the LG Flex 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463