LG G5 Needs

AlexApger

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
After having a LG G3, and G4, and watching what other phones offer as a sorta LG fanboy, I have compiled a list of things that the LG G5 needs.

1. The ability to use my data / 4G while I am on the phone. This one hits home to me due to my girlfriend always wanting to sit on the phone on hours, and while you may be able to use Wifi, some times I am not home on my network.
2. Obviously a finger print scanner. Everyone has done it and seeing LG put it on the 5X, we might as well have it.
3. Remove the ugly LG logo that is on the front and move it to the back.
4. Bigger battery
5. Even though I use Nova launcher, Id love for LGs UI to get upgraded (heck even removed)
6. Google Play edition.
7. Keep removable battery and SD card.
8. Hardware upgrade obviously.
9. Maybe try to upgrade the design while mainting the famous button placing on the back. Personally I think the v10 is ugly, so just generally upgrading without making ugly.
10. USB type C

Posted via the Android Central App

AlexApger

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Update: Post what you would like to see. I always see Samsung people talking about what they want. Im curious of what LG fans want.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Rumor is smaller battery and 5.3" screen which is a no go for me. I have the V10 and the G4 looks small now in comparison.

I also don't like the rumor that the buttons are moving to the side.

Retina scanner rumor could be nice if they are able to make it happen.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only changes I'd like to see are front facing stereo speakers, and to finally see a phone with an optical zoom camera (though I think even getting a 2X zoom would realistically be asking too much right now). I wouldn't mind it being a little smaller for easier one handed use too. I'm intrigued by the V10's ticker display, so that might be nice to see.

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Waterproof. My Sony tablet it's very useful on holiday.

Quick charge 3

Fingerprint scanner

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just keep the features of the V10 and add whats missing...

>Water-dust resistance. An even more durable case would be nice (think S6 active).
>4k video with steady-cam
>Higher capacity removable battery, even if you have to make the case thicker overall. phablet-Phones are too thin anyways.
>RAM, The V10 has 4G with theoretically a slower CPU and it FLIES. The V10 is buttery smooth too with the animation scales set to .5
>SD card slot on the outside of the phone so you don't have to remove anything but maybe a port cover.
>Clean up the fingerprint scanner. The V10 scanner has been buggy. Eliminate all the mistakes from the V10 and make it perfect.
>Make the 32BIT ESS DAC / amp circuit user switchable between normal impedance, high impedance and AUX line.

Not sure if this is possible, and this would have to be an android/ OS thing too... me thinks. But it would be nice if the end-user could turn down screen / graphics resolution to a lower setting to extend battery life. I for one don't need full blazing resolution on my home screen, widget screen, texting, emailing, music listening...etc.

AlexApger

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
My old HTC had this option to lower resolution. That was about around the Gingerbread days though... I think it was a HTC Evo 4G or something... Back in the days of when phones had 4G they put it in the name lol

AlexApger

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Just keep the features of the V10 and add whats missing...

>Water-dust resistance. An even more durable case would be nice (think S6 active).
>4k video with steady-cam
>Higher capacity removable battery, even if you have to make the case thicker overall. phablet-Phones are too thin anyways.
>RAM, The V10 has 4G with theoretically a slower CPU and it FLIES. The V10 is buttery smooth too with the animation scales set to .5
>SD card slot on the outside of the phone so you don't have to remove anything but maybe a port cover.
>Clean up the fingerprint scanner. The V10 scanner has been buggy. Eliminate all the mistakes from the V10 and make it perfect.
>Make the 32BIT ESS DAC / amp circuit user switchable between normal impedance, high impedance and AUX line.

Not sure if this is possible, and this would have to be an android/ OS thing too... me thinks. But it would be nice if the end-user could turn down screen / graphics resolution to a lower setting to extend battery life. I for one don't need full blazing resolution on my home screen, widget screen, texting, emailing, music listening...etc.

^^^^

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
One more thing... KILL THE BLOAT!!! its just not needed by anyone! Does anyone actually like boat-ware? Let me CHOOSE how I bloat out my phone, if I want it I will D/L it.

I have my V10 leaned down sufficiently, and it wasn't too hard. Credit goes to the V10 designers, it has relatively little and the bloat thats on it is at least useful. No Best Buy, Bing etc. But still... its annoying that just because iOS has TONS of un-removable crap, why does everyone else? I was playing around with my wifes 6S+ last night and could not believe how much is on that thing. I had forgotten how bloaty my 5C is too. That sub folder tucked away with all the bloat-icons in it.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
One more thing... KILL THE BLOAT!!! its just not needed by anyone! Does anyone actually like boat-ware? Let me CHOOSE how I bloat out my phone, if I want it I will D/L it.

I have my V10 leaned down sufficiently, and it wasn't too hard. Credit goes to the V10 designers, it has relatively little and the bloat thats on it is at least useful. No Best Buy, Bing etc. But still... its annoying that just because iOS has TONS of un-removable crap, why does everyone else? I was playing around with my wifes 6S+ last night and could not believe how much is on that thing. I had forgotten how bloaty my 5C is too. That sub folder tucked away with all the bloat-icons in it.

Carrier bloat is my pet peeve. I can tolerate manufacturer bloat since its their product although Asus (Zen 2) went a little too crazy with their bloat.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah... Its about CHOICE. Give the paying consumer the CHOICE to bloat-out or lean down whatever they want.
Consumers should also be allowed more flexibility to completely uninstall more apps and free up storage... wipe it off the drive.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I heard battery is going to be 2800 mah, which is smaller.

wow, that would be a huge disappointment and an automatic pass ... I'm not interested in OEMs telling me how efficient their battery is. that was the story of 2015 and if true I'm surprised LGs research led them to believe a smaller battery would be beneficial.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Its about CHOICE. Give the paying consumer the CHOICE to bloat-out or lean down whatever they want.
Consumers should also be allowed more flexibility to completely uninstall more apps and free up storage... wipe it off the drive.

I don't know the technical aspects of the top of my head, but removing preinstalled bloat doesn't free up storage that you'd be able to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal