About the G5 rear cameras...

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
What is the purpose of the 2nd 8MP rear camera? Only for capturing wider pictures?

Can't you just use the 16MP camera to take a 2 picture-panorama instead?

Wondering...

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
If its so, I'm not sold... Personally I would have preferred they improved the main camera.

I can take panoramas using the G4 main camera just fine, more so if its just 2 shots and not more.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree. It's not what's sold me on the phone. In my view, I see it as a extra rather than a must have feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I watched some more videos on YouTube with people testing it and the extra amount viewable is impressive! Great for all those giant family gatherings!

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
What is the purpose of the 2nd 8MP rear camera? Only for capturing wider pictures?

Can't you just use the 16MP camera to take a 2 picture-panorama instead?

Wondering...
It allows you to get real close to the subject for different perspectives.

bejli

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I still don't get it, how G5 can only record slow motion in 120 FPS. Nexus 6P has slower procesor (they say majority is in processing), and can handle 240 like a boss. Anyone have answer why only 120?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I still don't get it, how G5 can only record slow motion in 120 FPS. Nexus 6P has slower procesor (they say majority is in processing), and can handle 240 like a boss. Anyone have answer why only 120?

I'm not sure of the answer, but maybe the issue is also tired to the hardware of the camera used and/or software.