Included cable doesn't fast charge

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I ran my G5's battery down to 25% today and wanted to see how fast the fast charger was charging, so I plugged the phone into the LG charger with the LG cable and started a stop watch. I came back 15 minutes later to look at the battery level and it had only gained about 10% and it said it would take over 2 hours to charge it to 100%. I checked several more times and after 50 minutes, it had only gained 23%. It said it was fast charging, but it wasn't charging any faster than my other phones would.

Now I know I had seen it charge faster that that, but previously I had used some cables from Amazon. So I swapped the cable out with a 6 foot one I got from Amazon and all of a suddenly it was charging fast. In the next 10 minutes it gained another 18%.

Here's a picture of the battery graph showing the first 50 minutes of charging with the LG cable and then the next 10 minutes with the cable from Amazon.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-15-11-48.jpg

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My cable charges Fast Charge just fine. I would ask for a replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

kv007

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
i had the same problem. return my first one and charger. said fast charging but was so slow. i checked ampere and it was only around 450 mah. with verizon. this one seems to be doing the same? tried on multiple wall outlets

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be just the cable, since it does charge fast with a different cable. It said it was fast charging with the LG cable, but it wasn't.

When I was testing the fast charge, I wanted to use the LG cable instead of the longer one from Amazon because I thought the longer cable might add more resistance and reduce the charging rate. At least I discovered that the 6 foot cable works just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol