Does the LG G5 have a pressure sensitive screen?

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure what you mean? I just tested my knock on by barely tapping, I just barely touched my finger to the screen and it worked so I guess sensitive?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I think the op is refering to screen flair when you touch the screen with even moderate force. I've seen it demonstrated on several review of the G5 :(

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
How pressure sensitive is the screen of the LG G5?

Short answer would be yes, but it's not much of an advantage over any of the new phone models. It's hard to quantify the pressure since none of the manufacturers dish out the details. This is all done through a quantum tunneling composite. Unlike a capacitive screen that works by changing the electrical charge on a screen using your finger's own electrical charge. The device detects the pressure differential and interprets it as a touch on the area of change.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the unit, but the general consensus seems to be that due to the pretty thin glass, it is somewhat sensitive to pressure.

It's not as hard as, say, the glass on the iPhone 6S (which is actually very hard since it flexes a lot due to 3D Touch).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How pressure sensitive is the screen of the LG G5?

Could you clarify what you mean? Are you referring to sensitivity in terms of how it responds to touch for input to different features or if the screen discolors or distorts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos