What's the best edge to edge tempered glass screen protector?

Jim Cheverie

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I can't pull the trigger just yet on one...I've been all over Amazon and can't decide. Does anyone have one that's any good? I'm worried about putting it on and getting everything to line up - that curve at the top is causing me concerns. Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe there was just a discussion about it and I don't think there are any 'good' tempered glass protectors for the Edge. Barely a few thin-film ones that actually cling to the edges, too.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, my brain must be fried. I could have sworn this was in the S7 Edge forum (and the 'edge to edge' thing threw me off). I apologize. Disregard anything I said :( (I need some sleep).

IBJammin

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Think it's gonna be tough to get a good one with the curve at the top of the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, tempered glass for 4 bucks? Cool! Let's hope it IS a good one! And yeah, any curves on the edges would probably mean there's no protector that's gonna cover that yet.

kraze4u

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Curved screens and tempered glass are not a good combination. The area where the screen curves are will peel easier.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
how many of you aren't going to cover your glass? I had the tempered glass protector on my other phone and it seemed the screen was always dirty. It showed fingerprints so easy. I'm seriously considering not covering the glass at all and just being careful.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Haven't covered my screens in years. I still have brand new screens that I never installed on my old phones. I found that after the first generation of gorilla glass that they were almost impossible to scratch. Do the tempered glass screens actually reduce breakage?

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Haven't covered my screens in years. I still have brand new screens that I never installed on my old phones. I found that after the first generation of gorilla glass that they were almost impossible to scratch. Do the tempered glass screens actually reduce breakage?

I can't speak from personal experience but my boss dropped her phone, thought she'd cracked her screen, instead it was the tempered glass. Her screen was fine so I guess they do. I just really hated the way it attracted fingerprints and smudges. My screen was ALWAYS dirty.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't speak from personal experience but my boss dropped her phone, thought she'd cracked her screen, instead it was the tempered glass. Her screen was fine so I guess they do. I just really hated the way it attracted fingerprints and smudges. My screen was ALWAYS dirty.

That only tells me that the tempered glass breaks not that it saves the screen

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I've never had good luck with screen protectors they always seem to break or Crack from just being in my pocket from the get go. So I stopped buying them.