[LG G5]the Fingerprint Authentication is not working??

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone having same issue as me with using fingerprint authentication when purchasing apps from google play store or lg world?? Even after ckecked on using fingerprint authentication/every time purchasing on setting menu from google playstore.

It was working fine and amazed me as an WOW but the symbol of fingerprint is not showing so can not using it.

I can still use my fingerprint for unlocking my phone from locked.

I even did many times of factory resetting also network too.

Please, help me please if you know the solutions for this issue.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Thank Q for reading my post~~

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open Google Play Store, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Require Authentication for Purchases. Is it set to "For all purchases through Google Play on this device" or something else?

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
The current setting as Require Authentication for Purchases and also set as "For all purchases through Google Play on this device on my device.
It is strange that it was working fine for first day when i had.

Help me please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, make sure those above settings are as we discussed, and see if the problem persists.

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I did what you told me but it is same, the fingerprint symbol is not showing next download.

Is it maybe reason of my accout?? Because during many test i have tried, i notice that when i deleted my google account which is gmail from the list, i can see the finger print symbol even in device setting like when i decide to add/remove my fingerprint right next to pin password. But i can not get into play store cause no google accout.

When i add my gmail as a account, somehow the simbol is not showing, only pin password.

So i even made up the fresh new gmail account and added as google account, it was same thing, simbol is not showing on google play store.

What should i do... nd is my device has issue or thers is a way that i do not know yet..

Btw, thank you for reply and helpping me.

Please help me dont give up please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You said that this worked before on Google Play Store, then suddenly stopped working, right?

Try going to Settings>Security and Clear Credentials. Now try again.

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
It is same. No fingerptlrint symbol ob goole play store.

Another suggestions??

I am willing to try every thing ynder your help & guide.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, not really sure what's going on. Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, then Uninstall Updates. Does that change anything? If not, re-update Google Play Store. Still nothing?

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
No luck... Still nothing.. Like i said eariler, when i remove my google account which is gmail account, then hidden security feature(symbol of fingerprint) is showig under specific security. I think it has something to do with account but i dont know what that is tho...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Google Play Store settings, uncheck Fingerprint Authentication. Then check it again, and enter your Google password. Does that change anything?

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
No i did that over million times i think...
Thank Q for your support tho
I will keep on my eye on regarding this issue and please let me know you find anything new too

Thank Q again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that nothing seems to fix it.:( You might want to consider bringing it back to the store and asking for an exchange.

J2kang

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah something wrong with this device. So i endz up exchange the device now and i hopefully everything is works fine andsame thing with built quallities too.

I will post update info when i receive new device.

Thank Q very much for your supports and helps tho!!!!!!!

Have wonderful day~