G5 (sprint) keeps restarting, I'm worried

Shad C1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
my G5 has been restarting at most random times. At first I didn't really make much of it. But know I've just had 3 restarts yesterday. Has anybody had this issue or is there some kind of work around. Because I'm worried since I'm outside my 14 day return period :(. Great phone but this is just unacceptable -_-

Posted via G5 and loving it ;)

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have not had any random reboots at all. Has it been going on since you had the phone or after you installed any apps usually its software that's causing the reboots. I would do a factory reset and install a each one at a time and see which one causes the phone to start rebooting this may take a few days depending on how many apps you have

Posted via the Android Central App

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this! My Sprint G5 started doing this on the 19th, it even shut off and wouldn't turn back on for half an hour.. No new apps installed, nothing out of the ordinary.. I took my battery up to a full charge before work, unplugged it, and after sending a text, it restarted, and it got worse through the night. I went into a Sprint corporate store yesterday, and the associate looked on the Sprint forums to see if there were others that were having this issue, and nothing showed up.. He had me run a factory reset, and it's fixed it for the past 24 hours, and if it starts happening again, there are notes on my account that shows it's a recurring problem, and a new phone will be ordered.. That would be my suggestion, OP! Also, I noticed that after every restart, the battery would fall 10 to 15%, the time it wouldn't turn on for half an hour, it dropped over 40%!

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
problem is sprint and most likely the signal which is causing some issue with the phone. not many apps cause the phone to reboot. sprint and lg seems to be a bit problematic, remember last year with the screen seperation with sprint models?

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with a T-Mobile silver model. Started a few days ago and progressively became worse. One day it had to have done it 5-7 times. Luckly I was within my exchange window and got a new one yesterday. I couldn't tie it to an app or behavior. Only thing you can do is a full reset.

Good luck.

Shad C1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have not had any random reboots at all. Has it been going on since you had the phone or after you installed any apps usually its software that's causing the reboots. I would do a factory reset and install a each one at a time and see which one causes the phone to start rebooting this may take a few days depending on how many apps you have

Mhmm guess I'll try this and see what happens. But since I posted this it weird the restarts stopped. But I rather be safe then sorry

G5 but I should have gotten a Moto X PE

Shad C1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this! My Sprint G5 started doing this on the 19th, it even shut off and wouldn't turn back on for half an hour.. No new apps installed, nothing out of the ordinary.. I took my battery up to a full charge before work, unplugged it, and after sending a text, it restarted, and it got worse through the night. I went into a Sprint corporate store yesterday, and the associate looked on the Sprint forums to see if there were others that were having this issue, and nothing showed up.. He had me run a factory reset, and it's fixed it for the past 24 hours, and if it starts happening again, there are notes on my account that shows it's a recurring problem, and a new phone will be ordered.. That would be my suggestion, OP! Also, I noticed that after every restart, the battery would fall 10 to 15%, the time it wouldn't turn on for half an hour, it dropped over 40%!

I know bro weird right !, I've had the small problems except the battery ones. But I wouldn't be surprised if that crept up on me next.

Shad C1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with a T-Mobile silver model. Started a few days ago and progressively became worse. One day it had to have done it 5-7 times. Luckly I was within my exchange window and got a new one yesterday. I couldn't tie it to an app or behavior. Only thing you can do is a full reset.

Good luck.

Yeah I'll try that next thanks

Enzo_beat

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
my G5 has been restarting at most random times. At first I didn't really make much of it. But know I've just had 3 restarts yesterday. Has anybody had this issue or is there some kind of work around. Because I'm worried since I'm outside my 14 day return period :(. Great phone but this is just unacceptable -_-

Yeah Im having the same issue. I even went to Sprint and got a replacement and it too, was going through the same issue.

icklepriest

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the UK and have had the same issue. Have sent the phone back twice and had it returned 'fixed' twice. Each time it seemed to be ok and then started happening again. I ended up keeping a log of what I was using when it rebooted and haven't seen a pattern - seems totally random. Hopefully a new phone will solve the issue - am getting it replaced tomorrow!

Ngocgiap32

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

How about your phone now?

nithin naveen

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site

Ya my lg G5 also have ris same problem