Brightness question

Jim Cheverie

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

So I keep my LG5 at 100% brightness and the auto is off. I noticed the other day it didn't seem real bright in day light and then all of a sudden it went really bright and looked great. Then it dimmed...but it's still set at 100% - I can't get it to go brighter but yet, on it's own it went brighter. What is the deal?

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Have not noticed it on my G5 yet, but on the v10, the phone would change contrast to make it easier to see in direct sunlight. The black would turn a light grey. Really helped a lot.

Jim Cheverie

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Have not noticed it on my G5 yet, but on the v10, the phone would change contrast to make it easier to see in direct sunlight. The black would turn a light grey. Really helped a lot.

Thanks for the reply - what I'm experiencing is a clear brightening of the screen, but I can't replicate it or keep it that bright.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll bet if you shine a bright flashlight on the ambient light sensor it will replicate the brightness you saw outdoors.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jim Cheverie

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll bet if you shine a bright flashlight on the ambient light sensor it will replicate the brightness you saw outdoors.

Posted via the Android Central App

When I'm in bright sunlight it will brighten but then dim again, even if I put in in full sun I can't keep it that bright...it ends up dimming. Anyone else notice this?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon