The main reason to get the G5?

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
What is the single most important feature which makes you prefer the G5 over other phones?

For me it is the wide angle lens.

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
For me, it's the removable battery. That's always been the big draw.

For people who don't care about the removable battery, then I'd think the wide angle lens would have the greatest appeal. I've shown the wide angle lens to a few friends, and it always impresses.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
For me it's the camera. My last phone was a Note 3 and that camera sucked, so a great camera and camera app were paramount for me. Large removable battery and micro sd were also requirements but thankfully that wasn't as hard to come by this year as it has been the last couple of years.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
The first thing that made me want this phone was the modularity for the removable battery, that's priority #1 for me, and it's becoming more and more difficult to find. The wide angle camera is another wonderful thing for me, I can get some awesome storm shots!

Shoqvalue

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
So I was a G2 owner. Worst phone ever. While I loved the construction and most of the interface, the camera had a famously slow shutter which they never fixed, and bluetooth was buggy and erratic. Then came Lollipop, and voice recognition basically died, and podcast refreshes and downloads using any player took minutes. And now bluetooth cuts out after a few minutes and people can barely hear me, no matter what headset I use. Even wired are not not working well. LG blamed Android. Sprint has had the new marshmallow for LGG2 for months, and will not release it,

All this said, I really liked the voice quality and durability, but needless to say I am very wary of LG. Did I have a Lemon? Maybe. But now I find myself wanting that removable battery again. I loved that on my own HTC and missed it. Still, I am very wary that the voice recognition and bluetooth will suck again. And having a camera with a 2-4 second shutter speed again would make me homicidal. Has ANYONE had issues with any of these features with the G5? If so, I am just going to go with he S7. At least they seem to be stable. Appreciate any advice in advance.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I were to consider the G5, I think one major selling point would be the battery module. Wasn't really into them at first, but a bigger battery is always something that is needed and it would come in handy in a pinch.

And, ultimately, hardware. It's still a beautiful phone, even though I am missing the back buttons.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
For me it's because it's something different. I like that they are trying some new with the modular design. I love the size, camera and they way the phone feels in the hand.

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
So I was a G2 owner. Worst phone ever. While I loved the construction and most of the interface, the camera had a famously slow shutter which they never fixed, and bluetooth was buggy and erratic. Then came Lollipop, and voice recognition basically died, and podcast refreshes and downloads using any player took minutes. And now bluetooth cuts out after a few minutes and people can barely hear me, no matter what headset I use. Even wired are not not working well. LG blamed Android. Sprint has had the new marshmallow for LGG2 for months, and will not release it,

All this said, I really liked the voice quality and durability, but needless to say I am very wary of LG. Did I have a Lemon? Maybe. But now I find myself wanting that removable battery again. I loved that on my own HTC and missed it. Still, I am very wary that the voice recognition and bluetooth will suck again. And having a camera with a 2-4 second shutter speed again would make me homicidal. Has ANYONE had issues with any of these features with the G5? If so, I am just going to go with he S7. At least they seem to be stable. Appreciate any advice in advance.

I love the quality of bluetooth connection on this phone, and it seems as though LG has really upped their game from ear speaker quality as well as bluetooth, even from the Flex days.. The camera is amazingly quick, and the wide angle lens is truly something to behold. The removable battery is a huge bonus IMHO, even though I routinely get 3.5-4 hours SOT every day over LTE connection. This will all boil down to personal preference for you, of course, just thought I'd chime in.

Shoqvalue

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
THanks Stephen33. THat's helpful. What about the voice recognition? That's probably my most important need. Is it quick and reliable? The G2 will lollipop was unusable.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't own a G5 as my daily since it doesn't fit my usage pattern as well as some others, but the one main reason I see that made users get the G5 is the removable battery.

Makes sense and I think it's valid, since it's probably the only high-end flagship that's globally-sold that has a removable battery.

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
THanks Stephen33. THat's helpful. What about the voice recognition? That's probably my most important need. Is it quick and reliable? The G2 will lollipop was unusable.

If you're referring to giving OK Google commands, mine works great, even at work where people tend to be loud because they're inebriated xD

WynWins

May 11, 2013
Visit site
For me it was the camera quality. I made the switch to the G4 after having the Galaxy S5 because I noticed the camera on the S6 made my face look lopsided in pictures as opposed to the G4 which was perfect. I take a lot of selfies of myself and friends which made a very nice selfie camera mandatory. The G5 only improved on what the G4 made great.

Second biggest is the SD card. It was my first reason for even looking into LG to begin with.

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
For me coming from lumias, it was easy. Sd card, removal battery, kick *** camera. I actually love the way the battery come out. Easy peasy.
Perfect size and weight for me.

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
For me coming from lumias, it was easy. Sd card, removal battery, kick *** camera. I actually love the way the battery come out. Easy peasy.
Perfect size and weight for me.

What Lumia you had owned previosuly? I am also planning to buy this phone but confused between s7 edge an g5. How is the camera quality on this? Share thoughts on battery and screen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty