How to enable dark theme g5

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey all. Just wondering, is there any way to enable a dark theme on my g5? That white screen annoys the heck out of me.
I've gone through all my settings and can't find it anywhere.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Mike Dee1, thank you. That's what I was thinking. Think I'll give nova launcher a try. Any personal thoughts on nova launcher?, or a personal favorite?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mike Dee1, thank you. That's what I was thinking. Think I'll give nova launcher a try. Any personal thoughts on nova launcher?, or a personal favorite?

I run my phones for the last few years stock. Nova and Apex are very good and very similar. A lot of customization is available without the paid versions. Action launcher and Aviate are also good and do things differently. If you are into 3D, TSF is a good free launcher. Then there is BUZZ launcher which is super customized and has a lot of home screens built by fans.....it's a little freaky and not for everyone. There's also Google Now if you like the look and feel of plain Google. I do not think they have a dark theme.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
There are dark themes in the LG SmartWorld app. If you don't have LG SmartWorld then you can do a google search to learn how to get it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There are dark themes in the LG SmartWorld app. If you don't have LG SmartWorld then you can do a google search to learn how to get it.

Are you sure that they are compatible with the G5? The instructions after download indicate install via menu button. I don't think The G5 supports that function.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys. I did download smartworld awhile back to get home 4.0. Very much appreciate all the info. New to android so please forgive me. All this customization and choices at first were a bit overwhelming but fun.

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site

I've owned Galaxy phones for many years and never had the need to use a launcher (and had never tried one). I bought my LG G5 knowing that I would NOT be using their stock launcher (no app drawer? seriously?). Anyway, the Nova launcher has been awesome! I love the customization abilities. I'm honestly a little disappointed that I never tried any launchers in previous years. I also tried the Action launcher for all of about 30 minutes. I hated it.

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I've owned Galaxy phones for many years and never had the need to use a launcher (and had never tried one). I bought my LG G5 knowing that I would NOT be using their stock launcher (no app drawer? seriously?). Anyway, the Nova launcher has been awesome! I love the customization abilities. I'm honestly a little disappointed that I never tried any launchers in previous years. I also tried the Action launcher for all of about 30 minutes. I hated it.

So, I need the status bar at the top to be high contrast. How? It's transparent WTF? With white icons and text? Material design sucks! Help.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is me exactly too. Always kept Samsung Touchwiz alone as I thought it was perfect the way it is (and still do). When I got my G5 I hated the home screen grid even with the updated Home and app drawer layout so downloaded Nova Premium which was only pennies in the sale. I've tried it once or twice in the past but only for a matter of hours as I always found fault in it but now I've given it a proper go and set up TeslaUnread to give me all my app notification badges too I'm more than happy. Only thing I can't get to work on Nova is getting the Gestures to change the functions of the On Screen buttons at the bottom eg long press on the menu key etc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995