Old battery messes up the clock - huh?

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I have something strange going on with the battery from my old G5 (The one that got sea damaged). Thought I could use that as a spare battery in my new one, but when I put it in, the clock goes back to April 2016. If I put the new battery in, the clock is correct. How exactly can a battery have anything to do with setting a clock - I really don't get it. I thought the clock was set from the mobile signal. It freaked me out a little so I havent tried it again to see if it was just a freak occurrence.

So, question to those who replace batteries in their G5 - do you ever have a situation where the clock reset to an old time, and may take a while to update? Or is the clock always immediately correct when the phone has booted up?
And secondly, can anyone make sense of this behaviour, and should I avoid using this battery?

By the way, I took the opportunity to look at the HTC 10, and the Samsung S7 since I had a second chance and getting a phone. They are both great phones, and the 10 does feel very nice - cant believe how light it feels. Waterproof S7 would be great after the last mishap. But I just couldn't lose that wide-angle camera, or removable battery, or go to a physical home button and the fingerprint sensor in the wrong place. So went with the G5 again, and definitely don't regret it. New one lines up 100% perfectly as well (the old one the chin was a fraction of a millimetre of centre), and the battery seems a little bit better too.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never noticed s date change with a battery swap....I'll check next time I swap

Posted via the Android Central App

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me this past weekend when I switched batteries for the first time in a while. It went back to the last time I had used the battery. It was the only time I believe it happened and corrected itself in just a few minutes (I'm assuming the network corrected it).

I do wonder if it was because I didn't power the phone down, instead opting for a quick swap as I was in a hurry when I removed it last time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20