Unlocked LG G5 AT&T users *HELP*

Bucky Cee

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Sup guys/gals, as you can see, I just bought the LG G5 unlocked (model: RS988.) I wanted to get the unlocked version because AT&T's version is loaded with crapware, plus it didn't hurt that I picked this up for $450 on Amazon - I feel like this was better than the iPhone SE (the phone I was aiming for.) Since I am new to Android (coming from iOS), I have a quick question. It seems like I am not getting AT&T LTE? All I see is an 'H.' Did a little of googling, and if I am right, H = 3.5G?

I have tried everything, and no dice. Went to AT&T and they couldn't find the problem, called AT&T and registered my IMEI #, and no dice either. I know for a fact that this phone supports AT&T's LTE (reside in Oregon.) Tried messing with the APN settings and nada. Do any of you have this problem? I've also ran into a thread that states that 6.0.1 is causing this. Can anybody verify this? I really like this phone, and to be honest, I don't want to send it back 'cause I hate waiting for exchanges. If anybody has a unlocked LG G5 running on LTE, can you please shoot me the APN settings? Thanks.

Bucky Cee

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, but it didn't work. I double checked the APN settings, and now Chrome/Internet doesn't work. Man, I'm starting to lose hope.

Ditey1

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the LG G5 H860 Dual Sim unlocked version with AT&T Sim card in one slot and an SD card in the other. I get 4G LTE on my phone with no problem. Wish I could help with the APN but am not tech savvy enough.

nanikahakai

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Have you seen this?

(PDT)=== AT&T === Much of the AT&T Mobility network footprint now uses GSM-standard 3G wireless technologies (UMTS/HSPA) for simultaneous circuit switched voice and packet switched data communications. AT&T Mobility also offers Push To Talk (PTT) service using network technology from Kodiak Networks.
APN settings
username: Mirts
password: Hj05092004
APN name: internet

Posted via the Android Central App

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am on Cricket, the prepaid company AT&T owns that runs in the att network. Im in Pennsylvania and getting lte almost every where. The only places i have seen the H (3.5G) is in basements and when riding lifts. I dont think coping you my apn would do you much good. Are you sure your area has LTE?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma