horrible battery life

nanikahakai

May 3, 2016
Visit site
To:
washburn_it

Hey Roberto, WHERE. did you get your battery? Unheard of. Did you do absolutely nothing? I fully expected LG to do the right thing and provide us a good battery; one that lasted at least 18 hours with all kinds of use. My long lasting periods of time are when I put in the fresh battery out of the charging cradle just before I'm ready to sleep, day or night. Longest time before the 15% notification these days is just short of 12 hours. More often it's usually 8.5 to 9 hours. I agree with others that this is the reason LG freebied the extra battery & cradle.

PPK

Posted via the Android Central App

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi PPK,
I'm not sure I've got the meaning of your questions (forgive me, I'm not english mother tongue) but my battery is the one provided with the G5.
At the moment I have 39% of battery remaining with about 4h of calls and 2h30 of SOT (total time from the last charge 54h 34m, before this last charge it lasted over 93h)...I have facebook app and whatsapp plus some more apps specific for my job (Network Fing, RD Client, OpenVPN client)...just a "normal" use of the phone...with mobile connection or WiFi turned on when needed.
Time ago I went for a small holiday (just a couple of days) where I took about 50 pics and some video (full HD and 4K), used with Google Maps and GPS but I had to charge it only when I got back home at the end of the holiday...still had about 20% of battery remaining.
As for me, I'm really satisfied of the battery.
Regards,

Roberto

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
My battery is pretty bad after owning this for a week.

The LG rep said to test in safe mode. My concern is I am not using my phone as normal in safe mode - not checking whatsapp, not listening to music, using widgets etc, so what use is this really?

goonieboy2008

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Just to let you know that since turning on the battery saver and restricting apps from running in the background, I am at 83% with 14 h 14 min remaining time left. I think this is the key to getting better life out of the LG G5. Kind of stupid that it isn't turned on by default. I mean, whoever wants their phone to run hot and die quick please raise your hand! :mad:
where do i go in the setting to restricting apps from running in the background? thanks

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery is pretty bad after owning this for a week.

The LG rep said to test in safe mode. My concern is I am not using my phone as normal in safe mode - not checking whatsapp, not listening to music, using widgets etc, so what use is this really?

This is to eliminate possible rogue apps that maybe causing a quicker than normal drain. Safe mode restricts some apps and use....so your phone should get its best battery life in safe mode use. After you run it like that for a day or so......go back to booting normal and check your charge life then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey