horrible battery life

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
ever since I got the extra battery case and battery... I've been swapping my battery as needed... but what I've realized since getting this swappable battery... my battery life is horrible. when i had just the one battery.. it was like 19hrs of battery.. about 5 hours of sot... now its like. 5 hrs battery and 2 to 3hrs of screen time... i don't understand why my battery life is so horrible. I'm having to swap batteries 3 or more times a day.

Posted via the Android Central App

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
5hrs SOT? How did you manage that? I average just over 3hrs. I use it a lot and have automatically brightness on but at the highest setting. I thought this was kinda normal? I averaged about 5 to 6 hours SOT on my Galaxy s7 edge til I swapped for the G5 and that battery was a beast

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
5hrs SOT? How did you manage that? I average just over 3hrs. I use it a lot and have automatically brightness on but at the highest setting. I thought this was kinda normal? I averaged about 5 to 6 hours SOT on my Galaxy s7 edge til I swapped for the G5 and that battery was a beast

Come back to the dark side.... Note 7 awaits

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Could you please post a screenshot of your battery life over the course of one day's usage? Maybe some apps are causing you some unexpected drainage.

Hopefully other users with G5's can assist!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Come back to the dark side.... Note 7 awaits

Yeah maybe if there's a version without the edge screen. One thing I don't miss about the s7 edge is how uncomfortable it was to hold or wondering when I was gonna smash the screen again from a minor fall

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
ever since I got the extra battery case and battery... I've been swapping my battery as needed... but what I've realized since getting this swappable battery... my battery life is horrible. when i had just the one battery.. it was like 19hrs of battery.. about 5 hours of sot... now its like. 5 hrs battery and 2 to 3hrs of screen time... i don't understand why my battery life is so horrible. I'm having to swap batteries 3 or more times a day.

Having an extra battery shouldn't impact battery life. It has to be something else.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Are you using all LG bricks and cords? Just because the plug fits doesn't mean the amps/volts and so on match and I found the same problem. Then I moved to all LG specs and bam everything works great again.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
When ever I get problems with phone draining I always do a cache wipe... It usually sorts out problems like that for me..

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
It's gotta be an app, for a sudden change like that.

My battery life is amazing considering the smallish size battery. Unless I'm gaming slot, my battery always lasts all day.

I do disable background tasks when I'm not on Wifi though. But i have Wifi at home and at work, so that's 95% of the time it's on.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
yep alllg everything. both batteries are lg... using the. charging cable that came with the phone.. nothing isnt from. lg

David Agee

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and thought maybe it was Google play music as I use that alot. Tried everything with no avail. Also noticed it was running hot in my pocket. Backed up and did factory data reset. When it came back up, and I restored everything back, it worked great. Battery life was amazing for about 1 week, then I noticed it running hot again and starting to drain. One battery calculation showed 4 hours remaining on a full charge! I then noticed that by default in battery settings, the battery saver was turned off. There is an option in there that "Restricts apps in background". Make sure that is turned on as well. That seemed to make a big difference. Time will tell. If that doesn't work, a good task killer app may be the only choice left. I think LG may have known they had a problem and that, in part, may have been why they offered a free spare battery and cradle.

David Agee

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

Just to let you know that since turning on the battery saver and restricting apps from running in the background, I am at 83% with 14 h 14 min remaining time left. I think this is the key to getting better life out of the LG G5. Kind of stupid that it isn't turned on by default. I mean, whoever wants their phone to run hot and die quick please raise your hand! :mad:

Ram Qashou

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I het about 4-5 hours SOT tha battery is very good on my LG G5 very delighted with it.
I can play intensive games like no limits and CSR 2 racing 3 hours straight.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I het about 4-5 hours SOT tha battery is very good on my LG G5 very delighted with it.
I can play intensive games like no limits and CSR 2 racing 3 hours straight.

Nice. I got that on my G4.

Any one else able to game this long on the LG g5 battery?

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a "power user" and I always keep data connection and wi-fi turned off unless I need it (of course), during the night when sleeping I put the phone into airplane mode.
As I wrote in other threads, after the first full charge, the battery lasted 86h (with 4h SOT, some FullHD and 4K video), then after the 2nd full charge it lasted 73h 49m (12% still available on the battery, over 4h SOT, 3h 30m of calls, some pictures).
Probably that's the result of my "use profile" but it's possible to have a "long" lasting battery.
Regards,

Roberto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781