The fingerprint scanner drives me crazy

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
About half the time the phone turns off the scanner and tells me that it won't work and that I have to enter my lock screen pin. It does this no matter if I'm connected to a trusted Bluetooth device or in a trusted location either. Does anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• 14450.jpg
    14450.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 55

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This only happens for me when I power off the phone/restart it etc to unlock it for the 1st time. I use my Fitbit Surge as my trusted device the rest of the time with knock on/swipe to wake, or if my finger is near the fingerprint sensor I'll unlock it that way. Fingerprint sensor works 100% of the time when I use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to enter the pin after reboots too, but then after that it's always a crap shoot whether it will accept the fingerprint. And its not that the sensor doesn't work, it does. It just vibrates and that message appears and says that fingerprints won't be accepted and that I have to enter the PIN.

This only happens for me when I power off the phone/restart it etc to unlock it for the 1st time. I use my Fitbit Surge as my trusted device the rest of the time with knock on/swipe to wake, or if my finger is near the fingerprint sensor I'll unlock it that way. Fingerprint sensor works 100% of the time when I use it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Any idea what app it could be? And hint would be helpful!

Not really.... Although I believe some lock screen settings in some launchers have caused that behaviour. You could also look to see if any apps have device admin priveleges.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you think Nova Launcher could be causing it?

Not really.... Although I believe some lock screen settings in some launchers have caused that behaviour. You could also look to see if any apps have device admin priveleges.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800