Anyone come from the HTC 10 or vice versa ?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the option to trade my HTC 10 with someone for their G5. Just not sure if I want to take the jump. I enjoy the 10 I'm just a tad bored and have been wanting to try the current flagship for each manufacturer out currently.

Can anyone provide input or feedback If you've used both ? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I realise this is a lg forum but I'd do it . I'm longing for a htc 10 but being in Canada the only carrier is bell and I belong to rogers.i have a cousin that belongs to bell and his contract is almost up as mine is with rogers.i just might get him what he wants through rogers and him get me the 10.
The lg 5 prices have dropped up here significantly down to $0 on a 2yr contract but the htc 10 is still holding out at $299 for a 2 yr contract.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for a replacement from Sprint for my LG G4 (3rd Bootloop in 3 phones), and I was given a choice of the LG G5 or the HTC 10. I decided to go with the G5 because of the replaceable battery and the IR blaster. When I'm due for an update I'm probably going to get the Note 7.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for a replacement from Sprint for my LG G4 (3rd Bootloop in 3 phones), and I was given a choice of the LG G5 or the HTC 10. I decided to go with the G5 because of the replaceable battery and the IR blaster. When I'm due for an update I'm probably going to get the Note 7.
Well, this is short lived. Less than 12 hours after receiving the G5, half of the screen freezes up. I had heard of this issue on the G4 before, but not the G5. Back to Sprint to get the HTC 10. I'm done with LG!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, this is short lived. Less than 12 hours after receiving the G5, half of the screen freezes up. I had heard of this issue on the G4 before, but not the G5. Back to Sprint to get the HTC 10. I'm done with LG!
Well, so much for that. Sprint is sending me another G5. They said that couldn't switch it to another phone. After spending most of the afternoon in chat sessions, someone from special relations called and said to give it another try, and if this next replacement doesn't work, to give them a call, and they'll work something out.

To be honest, though, what I got to see of the phone, I loved. Here's hoping the 2nd time is the charm. With LG's lack of QC, though, it may be pipe dreams...

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, so much for that. Sprint is sending me another G5. They said that couldn't switch it to another phone. After spending most of the afternoon in chat sessions, someone from special relations called and said to give it another try, and if this next replacement doesn't work, to give them a call, and they'll work something out.

To be honest, though, what I got to see of the phone, I loved. Here's hoping the 2nd time is the charm. With LG's lack of QC, though, it may be pipe dreams...

That sucks about all your issues.

I decided to stop looking at the g5 because of all the issues I've been reading about Lg in general and the boards messing up causing the boot loops.

I still have my HTC 10 and still love it. I actually just bought a Note 7 as well now, trying to sell the 10 but not many people where I live have much interest in it.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't Sprint have a 14 day period. If the g5 wasn't to your liking, exchange it for the htc 10??

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They do, but this G5 was a replacement for having 3 G4s bootloop in less than a year. I asked about switching to the 10, but was told I'd have to get another G5. I spoke with upper level Sprint support, and if anything happens to this one, I'm to call them directly, and I'll swap to something else. I just have no faith left in LG to do anything to improve their quality control.