LG G5's build quality?

ayyyylmao

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I've heard some not so good stuff about the G5's built quality. I guess it's been enough time since the launch that they've adressed most of them, so I wanna know if anyone that got one recently has had any problems? Having to constantly replace phones is really irritating, esp for a flagship.

n95boy1

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I have had a G5 since its release in the UK and confirm that my phone has no issues related to build quality.

I think what you are thinking about is the misalignment between the phone 's chamfer and the chamfer on the chin module below.

Posted via the Android Central App

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the build quality of this phone. Mine is perfect.

A lot of whining about the way it looks. Man! I love the way it looks and feels. I'm happy it's not glass on the back. My last phone was glass on both sides. Too much to worry about. Fingerprint magnet. No thanks.

It's different sure but that's what I like about it.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the build quality of this phone. Mine is perfect.

A lot of whining about the way it looks. Man! I love the way it looks and feels. I'm happy it's not glass on the back. My last phone was glass on both sides. Too much to worry about. Fingerprint magnet. No thanks.

It's different sure but that's what I like about it.
Completely Agree, well said.

QashouRam

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I bought the G5 nearly 4 months ago,
And the build quality is great, my unit has no issues what so ever regarding the build, and I am more than pleased with it, don't listen to those who claim that it feels like plastic, i can garuntee, that it provides the same feeling as other metal phones such as iphone 6S (compared it),
Its simply perfect

Last edited:

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My problem with the build quality is that the gap on the right side is wider than the left,by a little bit. And that i have a cosmetic flaw on the upper right corner near the headphone jack, its like you can see the dried paint. But i didnt see it when i got it because the guy at thw store wrapped it in a case and the display phone was flawless. Lesson learned.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My problem with the build quality is that the gap on the right side is wider than the left,by a little bit. And that i have a cosmetic flaw on the upper right corner near the headphone jack, its like you can see the dried paint. But i didnt see it when i got it because the guy at thw store wrapped it in a case and the display phone was flawless. Lesson learned.
Is it possible that's it simply a protective film that's still on there?

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
i dont think so . but how do u know if there is a protective film? Guy At Verizon installed a screen protector before he handed it to me. My heart sank. Im very ocd with my phones. This will be my last lg. Im done with their experiments. Now lg v20 has removable battery but back panel opens like a door. I guess they'll forget the modular design.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i dont think so . but how do u know if there is a protective film? Guy At Verizon installed a screen protector before he handed it to me. My heart sank. Im very ocd with my phones. This will be my last lg. Im done with their experiments. Now lg v20 has removable battery but back panel opens like a door. I guess they'll forget the modular design.
Funny how all our impressions get shaped/formed differently....in my case I'm finding the LG device and experience pretty decent overall. Again, it's likely all based around our personal tried and tested experience with other brand devices. And in my case, I've definitely had some not-so-good experiences with some other device brands.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the protective film, the AT&T rep installed my glass screen protector too. However I had this weird little bubble right over the LG logo on the bottom bezel. I had this for at 3 weeks not thinking much about it, until one day I started scratching it with my nail and found it to be odd and then thought what if its a protective film, and sure enough it was!! There was even one on the back side bottom bezel too.

All to say, don't assume the Verizon guy knows everything about every phone. My AT&T guy was good, but completely didn't catch this. Stay positive and hope this helps you out!!!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the protective film, the AT&T rep installed my glass screen protector too. However I had this weird little bubble right over the LG logo on the bottom bezel. I had this for at 3 weeks not thinking much about it, until one day I started scratching it with my nail and found it to be odd and then thought what if its a protective film, and sure enough it was!! There was even one on the back side bottom bezel too.

All to say, don't assume the Verizon guy knows everything about every phone. My AT&T guy was good, but completely didn't catch this. Stay positive and hope this helps you out!!!!

When I first got my phone I saw a blemish on the chin and I tried to rub it with my finger nail. Thought I scratched the phone but it was the film on the chin.

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for replying... I have a slight lifting on my camera, the middle part where the flash is..i dont know if its the glass because it does a teeny bending when i lift with my finger. I am afraid i might break it. Dont know if its plastic or the glass itself. My back camera has a hole in the middle. I dont know if its the film. It doesnt look like a bubble and edges look perfect.