This LG G5 is still great phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone quite awhile and in never disappoints me except an occasional GPS hiccup.
Love the battery life and easy swap outs. This phone never lags and has decent sound. Its just the right size and I like the screens true colors. So far the finish had been pretty durable but I am careful and I sometimes case my phone.
Its not water resistant but I don't buy a phone for that specific reason. I didn't buy it for the mods except for the battery replacement function.
Overall I still say this is better for me than some of the leading competion. There may not be enough of these sold to be an indicator of problems but Visit some of the other boards like Samsung or HTC and its scary some of the issues I see posted. There are even instances of Samsung screens breaking themselves unless of course they're lying.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree with your sentiment completely. Sadly, no one wants to here it. Everyone just wants to talk about the mods. Great device.

Kinda makes me curious what the numbers would look like. The percentage of people that actually bought the phone and didn't care at all about the mods to begin with.

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had numerous Samsung phones and they have disappointed me pretty much off the bat. The G5 is my first LG phone and I wouldn't change it for anything else on the market right now. It's a well rounded phone with less issues than its competitors.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I didn't buy the G5 for the "Friends".

I bought it because I couldn't get the 6P but now I'm totally happy I have it instead of the 6P.

The 6P has no OIS. No SD card support. No IR blaster. No battery swap.

Yes! I'm glad I was forced to get the G5.