Car audio

mekano14

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I've come from lgg3. When I connected my phone to my USB on my KENWOOD car stereo it would play regardless of phone being locked or unlocked. Now with the g5 the phone has to be unlocked or it attempts to connects but doesn't and goes to hand mode. How can I set it up to just connect when I plug it in?

Also with he g3 the phone would stay unlocked while connected to Bluetooth, the go does not. How Do i change this?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I've come from lgg3. When I connected my phone to my USB on my KENWOOD car stereo it would play regardless of phone being locked or unlocked. Now with the g5 the phone has to be unlocked or it attempts to connects but doesn't and goes to hand mode. How can I set it up to just connect when I plug it in?

Also with he g3 the phone would stay unlocked while connected to Bluetooth, the go does not. How Do i change this?

For the phone to stay unlocked when connected to bluetooth you need to add it (your Kenwood car stereo) to Trusted Devices in Settings>Lockscreen>Smart Lock>Trusted Devices

Not sure about your 1st issue though as I don't use USB only Bluetooth. Maybe my advice about Trusted Devices will fix that too?

mekano14

May 8, 2013
Visit site
For the phone to stay unlocked when connected to bluetooth you need to add it (your Kenwood car stereo) to Trusted Devices in Settings>Lockscreen>Smart Lock>Trusted Devices

Not sure about your 1st issue though as I don't use USB only Bluetooth. Maybe my advice about Trusted Devices will fix that too?

The settings>lockscreen>smartlock>trusted devices doesn't work. Doesn't exist. There is no option like that in my options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol