should I trade my 6p for a g5 straight up?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I definitely wouldn't. I wouldn't give my 6P up for a G5 if you paid me the price of a 6P.
+1. Too many quality control issues with LG phones. I went through 3 G4s that all bootlooped, and the first G5 I got had half its screen freeze in the first 4 hours I had the phone. If I hadn't received this free from my carrier. I would have gone with anything else. HTC or Samsung, wouldn't matter. Just not LG.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
IMO, despite the older SoC, the 6P is just better at too many things. Better screen, larger battery, better battery life, better software, more secure, better physical design (IMO), better build quality, cameras are too close to call, will be up to date faster and longer, comes with a 128GB option, etc, etc. To me it's just a much better device overall. The processor is the only thing I'd want from the G5, and the processor in the 6P is no slouch, nothing wrong with it - just a year older.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I love my G5. It's been a great phone for me. Super smooth performance, great all around device. All that to say, I'm buying a Nexus this fall. I've skipped the past couple of releases. It's time to get back. That and I got burned by the boot loop issue with the G4 and had no backup. Not this year. Boot loop aside, I'd still be buying a Nexus, to be clear.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
IMO, despite the older SoC, the 6P is just better at too many things. Better screen, larger battery, better battery life, better software, more secure, better physical design (IMO), better build quality, cameras are too close to call, will be up to date faster and longer, comes with a 128GB option, etc, etc. To me it's just a much better device overall. The processor is the only thing I'd want from the G5, and the processor in the 6P is no slouch, nothing wrong with it - just a year older.

Yeah you guys are probably right, the deal fell through anyways, bit now I have the phone switch bug lol.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you guys are probably right, the deal fell through anyways, bit now I have the phone switch bug lol.

There are apparently many devices out there - I'm most interested in the upcoming Nexus ones, but I've heard the Note 7 is nice. I got a Moto Z Force Droid Edition for my wife, got to play with it briefly - it's good stuff too.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
There are apparently many devices out there - I'm most interested in the upcoming Nexus ones, but I've heard the Note 7 is nice. I got a Moto Z Force Droid Edition for my wife, got to play with it briefly - it's good stuff too.
The Note 7 looks so nice. I've never had a Samsung device. I can't stand capacitive buttons, but as far as I'm concerned, the Note 7 is the best looking phone they've released.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Note 7 looks so nice. I've never had a Samsung device. I can't stand capacitive buttons, but as far as I'm concerned, the Note 7 is the best looking phone they've released.

I've never ever ever been known as Samsung's biggest fan, can't stand their stuff in general. The Note 7 was the first one I was interested in. I didn't end up getting it, but still kinda want to.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've never ever ever been known as Samsung's biggest fan, can't stand their stuff in general. The Note 7 was the first one I was interested in. I didn't end up getting it, but still kinda want to.
That was the Note 5 for me. I kinda wanted that phone. I think the Note line has reached a point where I really don't know why people buy the S line. That's just me though. Everyone likes what they like.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
That was the Note 5 for me. I kinda wanted that phone. I think the Note line has reached a point where I really don't know why people buy the S line. That's just me though. Everyone likes what they like.

It looks nice, but I been seeing a lot of issues popping up on the web. Also, I've had a few Samsung phones, I don't think I'll ever buy another one.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

I'd really like to try that phone. Unfortunately I'm only in a position to do a straight-up trade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech