This phone does not feel like plastic....

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I went into best buy and played with the G5. When I first picked it up it had that cold metal feel like the iphone 6s has. It also looks much better in person and the camera hump looks smaller, it looked huge on a review i saw on youtube. I also looked and didnt see any gaps of what I have heard of..

All in all I think that plastic primer controversy is BS...

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I went into best buy and played with the G5. When I first picked it up it had that cold metal feel like the iphone 6s has. It also looks much better in person and the camera hump looks smaller, it looked huge on a review i saw on youtube. I also looked and didnt see any gaps of what I have heard of..

The only thing that has kept me from going LG is that STUPID button on the back. I still can't comprehend why that was done. It's a pain in the butt

Ram Qashou

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the G5 and it feels just like other metal phones I don't why they say it feels like plastic and BTW i enjoy the cold feeling of the metal every morning The G5 difentely feels premium.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I don't understand the "plastic feel" comments you sometimes see. I have the silver version of the G5 (not sure if that makes any difference?), but it definitely feels like metal to me in my hand.

As for the back button, I'm fine with it. I've noticed a few occasions where having the finger print scanner on the front would be useful and convenient, however, I'm happy overall with the placement on the back. I've had a G2, G3, G4 and now G5, so I'm more then used to the buttons being on the back.

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Cars have had painted metal since inception and no one ever complained that they felt like plastic.

Its not even that as much as I heard people saying it feels exactly like Plastic, like the Galaxy s3 or something. I just dont get that plastic feel at all. It feels very much like metal, except I guess it feels lighter to hold in the hand.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Its not even that as much as I heard people saying it feels exactly like Plastic, like the Galaxy s3 or something. I just dont get that plastic feel at all. It feels very much like metal, except I guess it feels lighter to hold in the hand.
People just parrot what they hear in reviews and it all started when one of the reviewers cut into the phone with a box cutter and exposed the primer. The back of my G5 feels not much different than the back of my IPhone 5s which is metal.

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I've never had a problem with plastic phones and how they feel. This is the first metal phone I've owned, and yes, it feels like plastic to me. And not a good plastic.

As far as the back button placement, it's perfect (and this is the first phone I've owned with this placement). I love the volume buttons on the side, and the fingerprint/power button on the back. I'd keep this combination on every future phone if I could.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, OP: a co-worker showed me their G5 and I held it and I was quite impressed. Feels good in the hand, build does not feel "cheap" or sub-par. Also get what you mean about the camera bump - I had thought that it had looked big in photos, as well. All in all, my opinion on this phone has shifted drastically over the past handful of months. It's a solid device, for sure.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
It feels like plastic! That's BS! Definitely a premium feel to me.

And the FP scanner placement is perfect. Why do some want it on the front? So it's easy to unlock?
Double-tap the screen! That'll open it as well.
Duhh!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It feels like plastic! That's BS! Definitely a premium feel to me.

And the FP scanner placement is perfect. Why do some want it on the front? So it's easy to unlock?
Double-tap the screen! That'll open it as well.
Duhh!
Not sure.... I love the button on the back, however some have stated that when they have their phone face up they would like to be able to answer it without picking it up. I don't find it to be an issue.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Nope it definitely felt like plastic when I played with it. No comparison to how good my M7 felt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR