Have LG updates divison died...

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my new G5 today after giving the Nexus 6p a try (nereded a break from LG)

I boot up.. OTA upto the latest OS... and WOW, we're still on v10d which isnt that bad but, the security patch is 3 months old 1st June 16... Im in UK, my G5 is Unbranded (EUR-xx)

Come on LG... Update our security...

Samsungs S6 edge + (18 mnth old phone) is on August 16 patch..

I thought LG promised timely updates

Anyone else feeling left out..

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Apart from battery life could be slightly better, theres nothing wrong with v10d and I do realise that an OS update probably comes about every 4-6 months... but what I mean is the Google security patches...

There are more and more full page ads appearing in free apps... and ads can mean hijackers... It would just be nice to see more frequent Google Security Patches from LG...

Maybe ive been using the Nexus 6p too long :)

Ram Qashou

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I assume that the issue listed above isn't globaly because my G5 got the july patch last month and the august patch just couple of days ago

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Think yourself lucky Night Orchid, EE in the UK is still on April security update. Friend of mine on Vodafone G5 is bang up to date though. Surprised an unlocked one isn't also up to date. LG definitely release them, its the carriers that usually hold it up. You could try contacting LG support on their lge website. They usually reply really quickly.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Think yourself lucky Night Orchid, EE in the UK is still on April security update. Friend of mine on Vodafone G5 is bang up to date though. Surprised an unlocked one isn't also up to date. LG definitely release them, its the carriers that usually hold it up. You could try contacting LG support on their lge website. They usually reply really quickly.

Yeah I think I will actually, not sure why theres no security patches..... yet when I unpacked my G5, i updated to 10d via OTA, so it seems everything is working ok.. Ill email LG UK and post back what they say....

I feel deeply sorry for you tabberkev, I used to have an HTC One M9 on EE, Never again.. they are one of the worst UK carriers for uipdates.. I mean, I like Kevin Bacon and all but Britans Fastest Network.. why dont they save some money, hire the Meercats.. and with the cash they save... buy a bigger updates team...

Simples!

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My G5 has May 31 as the latest security patch. When I try to update it it says "cannot connect to the update server. Please check your connection.

How do I fix this?

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My G5 has May 31 as the latest security patch. When I try to update it it says "cannot connect to the update server. Please check your connection.

How do I fix this?

How new is your phone?, are you rooted? and is your phone unbranded or did you get it on a contract?,

also v10e is now available, so the servers might be down for updates

Try restarting your phone.. and try again..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz