How to Bypass Google Account on a factory reset used LG G5 without access to "Accessibility" menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellem

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
How to Bypass Google Account on a factory reset used LG G5 without access to "Accessibility" menu

I just got an LG G5 that was previously owned.

The initial login to google account tells me I must login with a google account from the original owner. (And I don't have it) I researched this and it means that the google account was not disabled before the factory reset.

All the bypass fixes I found tell me to go into the "Accessibility" menu. But that is not an option on the screen that appears. I get a "Setup Wizard" screen and not an "LG welcome" screen like I see on the fix video. And it only has a language option, not an Accessibility option.

I'm guessing this means the phone has been rooted? I don't know much about that. But, I'm looking for a solution to bypass the google login without access to the "Accessibility" menu. Send tips or instructions!? Thanks!

ADDERMAN

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Bypass Google Account on a factory reset used LG G5 without access to "Accessibility" men

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass that security feature that I am aware of at this time. No it does not mean the phone is rooted, that is the normal behavior. The point is to thwart people who would steal your phone, purposely cause it to Factory Rest by putting in the wrong unlock code enough times and then just setting it up as a new phone. They would have to know the gmail address and password set up on the phone before the reset in order to set the phone back up which presumably is something only the phones owner would know.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Bypass Google Account on a factory reset used LG G5 without access to "Accessibility" men

I just got an LG G5 that was previously owned.

The initial login to google account tells me I must login with a google account from the original owner. (And I don't have it) I researched this and it means that the google account was not disabled before the factory reset.

All the bypass fixes I found tell me to go into the "Accessibility" menu. But that is not an option on the screen that appears. I get a "Setup Wizard" screen and not an "LG welcome" screen like I see on the fix video. And it only has a language option, not an Accessibility option.

I'm guessing this means the phone has been rooted? I don't know much about that. But, I'm looking for a solution to bypass the google login without access to the "Accessibility" menu. Send tips or instructions!? Thanks!

Hey there,
No the phone isn't rooted. Whom ever the previous owner was, didn't do a Factory Reset the correct way. They did so through the Android Recovery Menu and selected "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" from there, rather than in the IN PHONE security menu.
I would be contacting said former owner and getting them to log into the phone, once you have done that, then go into settings, security and do a factory reset from there. You will then be able to log in with ANY google account.
This is a security feature, as anyone could access the Android Recovery Menu as it's not passworded. Hence it makes you log in to the previous account

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass that security feature that I am aware of at this time. No it does not mean the phone is rooted, that is the normal behavior. The point is to thwart people who would steal your phone, purposely cause it to Factory Rest by putting in the wrong unlock code enough times and then just setting it up as a new phone. They would have to know the gmail address and password set up on the phone before the reset in order to set the phone back up which presumably is something only the phones owner would know.

Sorry didn't mean to ECHO you, I was at work at forgot to hit submit on my reply :)

mellem

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

Maybe I wasn't clear about my issue.
Yes, the factory reset was done incorrectly. Yes, I know this is a way to secure the phone in the event of theft.

Ideally, I would get the password info from the original owner, but that's not possible.

There is a way to bypass the incorrect factory reset, but not on my phone. I have found instructions about how to bypass it, as I mentioned, using the Accessibility menu, but my screen does not give the Accessibility menu as an option.

I see a a "Setup Wizard" screen with a purple checkmark at the top and no Accessibility menu option when I startup the phone instead of the typical teal bluegreen "LG welcome" setup screen. This part is atypical....

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I wasn't clear about my issue.
Yes, the factory reset was done incorrectly. Yes, I know this is a way to secure the phone in the event of theft.

Ideally, I would get the password info from the original owner, but that's not possible.

There is a way to bypass the incorrect factory reset, but not on my phone. I have found instructions about how to bypass it, as I mentioned, using the Accessibility menu, but my screen does not give the Accessibility menu as an option.

I see a a "Setup Wizard" screen with a purple checkmark at the top and no Accessibility menu option when I startup the phone instead of the typical teal bluegreen "LG welcome" setup screen. This part is atypical....

You were clear. Not sure what info you have about the accessibility menu. But I am not aware of a way past this, as it's a security feature and not something that can be bypassed.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

And today's lesson is: be sure previous owner has cleared all accounts info from device before you hand over your cash.... Insist on checking this was done before you buy.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Mod note. As different members have already mentioned this security measure can't be bypassed, and for a very good reason. Sorry.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22