Color not right on camera and can't see screen outside to take pictures

Jules_59

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering why every time I take a picture with this phone the red color is always orange? I've always been a iphone user and decided to change about 3 weeks ago to the LG G5 bc of the storage and the camera. I was told the camera is exceptional and true to color however every time I take a picture with the color red it is always orange and color is off. the video records in perfect color. I am very disappointed considering the fact I wanted this phone mostly for the pictures.when I take pictures outside I can't even see the screen bc it is so dark. If you do a selfie it is flawless which also isn't normal. Please tell me there is a fix???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. A dark screen outside is normal on some phones - turn the brightness up (or use Velis Auto Brightness, which is better than the internal auto brightness function on most phones).

2. Selfies are taken with a different camera - it's not likely, but possible, that your rear camera is defective. Try copying a picture with an obvious orange cast to a PC and see if it still has orange instead of red, to determine if it's the taking or the displaying that's causing the problem.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering why every time I take a picture with this phone the red color is always orange? I've always been a iphone user and decided to change about 3 weeks ago to the LG G5 bc of the storage and the camera. I was told the camera is exceptional and true to color however every time I take a picture with the color red it is always orange and color is off. the video records in perfect color. I am very disappointed considering the fact I wanted this phone mostly for the pictures.when I take pictures outside I can't even see the screen bc it is so dark. If you do a selfie it is flawless which also isn't normal. Please tell me there is a fix???
Something must be up on your settings, have you tried playing around in the settings menu?

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
yes autobrigthness when using esp under the sun. I heard that it has hidden camera setting which automatically cranks up brightness to adopt to how the screen is viewed. But it gets really warm. Ive tried it. I think LG G5 is a fail. I wish i never switched my HTC10 to this. Oh well.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
yes autobrigthness when using esp under the sun. I heard that it has hidden camera setting which automatically cranks up brightness to adopt to how the screen is viewed. But it gets really warm. Ive tried it. I think LG G5 is a fail. I wish i never switched my HTC10 to this. Oh well.
Based on several of your most recent posts that I've read here and elsewhere, you've obviously given up. Sounds like you should start looking for another phone to get happy again. I on the other hand, I'm quite satisfied and impressed with the G5. Good Luck :)

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Just looked at some of my pictures with red in, and its definitely red. If wide angle camera shows red, but normal camera shows orange, i'd say you may have a defective camera unit. Orange is actually red with some green in in light terms. Does white show slightly greenish on the camera too?

Maybe post a picture in here so we can see what you mean? (It's easy to do this with the Android central app right from your phone's gallery)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781