Are the modules essential?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I am considering buying the LG G5, but I am wondering, are the different modules essential? I plan on only buying an additional battery and during some moment in time - the Cam Plus module. What would you say about the phone? Is it good? (I am moving from an Xperia Z2).

Thank you and appreciated.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. I've only had it for a couple of weeks due to me having to turn in my Note 7. It's all that i want in a phone. I'm not a big fan of the UI but I'm using nova launcher. As for the modules i agree with u i am considering a spare battery but read yesterday that LG is not considering any more modules in future phones.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
This phone is incredible. I've had mine since June 3rd and still can't put it down.

I would really like the B&O "Friend" but if I never see it the phone is still awesome without it.

It's got lots of things most other phones do not.

It's blazing fast and never lags. I had 44 apps opened the other day and never knew it until I counted.

I did buy a second battery for it and have never used it... Never.

The reason I bought it is because I needed a good camera. And boy did I get a good camera. No! I got an awesome camera and the second "wide-angle" shooter is so much fun.

Get it, man! You won't regret it. But make sure you really check it over for cosmetic flaws. Mine is perfect but there are a few out there with blemishes. Check it over.

And.. No! The modules are not essential.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your recommendation. I would, but I just read that LG is abandoning the whole modular idea. The modules are what attracted me to the phone in the first place, so it is a shame that they are ditching it.

anon(9419666)

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
It all depends on the user, I don't really think modular is are useful. However, if in the future there are more functions it would change my mind.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your recommendation. I would, but I just read that LG is abandoning the whole modular idea. The modules are what attracted me to the phone in the first place, so it is a shame that they are ditching it.
As far as the friends modules go, personally I think they are simply nice-to-have, not must-haves!! This is best darn phone that I've owned in the past couple of years, and I truly enjoy using it day in day out and I'm into my 3rd month of using it. And yes for those wondering, this is my first LG phone ever!!

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I got that 360° Camera as part of a promotional deal. I finally got around to trying it out. It's pretty cool!
Here's the office lobby: https://flic.kr/p/MwFU5y
You can click/drag on the photo to see all angles.

I got the Cam Plus module, but I never use that.

The battery/charging cradle is pretty nice. I have previously considered that to be used as a
contingency, but instead, I'm charging the cradle and swapping batteries regularly. That way,
I never have to leave the phone on a charger. (I'm not sure if the battery/cradle is considered
a module/friend though. Seems more like an accessory.)

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I got a spare battery and the spare charger cradle thingy with mine. It was inuded in the deal I got from B&H, also they gave a vivo fit 3 too. I dont think id use the cam plus module. I have not even unwrapped the spare Battery and charger yet.

woofster

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the G5 and I love it but I have zero inclination to use any Friends modules at all. That said, I didn't choose the G5 for its modular capabilities. It's still a great phone without it.