Screen blooming and bleed

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about returning my V20 for a G5 as I think the V20 is bigger than I really want. All displays that I see have the lcd bloom when a little pressure is put on the screen and I remember lots of talk on that and light bleed when launched. I assume all the display models were first day phones but I am wondering if Lg has corrected these issues in later production or not. That screen bloom botheres me a bit!

htczed

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
One of the phones I have is an LG X150 or more known as LG Bello 2, it only shows the screen bloom "bleed" when you put tons of pressure on it and this is a 2015 model I believe.

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
One of the phones I have is an LG X150 or more known as LG Bello 2, it only shows the screen bloom "bleed" when you put tons of pressure on it and this is a 2015 model I believe.

The G5 demos I've seen require very light pressure to bloom. Just regular swiping and I see it! My G4 and V20 doesn't do it unless you really put hard pressure to the point you feel like you'll crack the screen

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about returning my V20 for a G5 as I think the V20 is bigger than I really want. All displays that I see have the lcd bloom when a little pressure is put on the screen and I remember lots of talk on that and light bleed when launched. I assume all the display models were first day phones but I am wondering if Lg has corrected these issues in later production or not. That screen bloom botheres me a bit!

mine has slight bleed on the lower right.

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an answer? I'm looking to get the G5 in the next day or two and know I won't be able to handle the distortion on the screen from touching

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Zero distortion on mine no matter how hard I press.

Great! That's what I wanted to hear. Every single store I've been to that has the unit that says demo unit on back does it really bad and never seen a retail unit so I was scared to do it. I have a V20 now but feels a bit bigger than I want and Sprint has the G5 for $12 a month so hard to pass up on that deal!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Great! That's what I wanted to hear. Every single store I've been to that has the unit that says demo unit on back does it really bad and never seen a retail unit so I was scared to do it. I have a V20 now but feels a bit bigger than I want and Sprint has the G5 for $12 a month so hard to pass up on that deal!
I noticed the demo units being a bit weird. My wife didn't really want it because of them.. I ordered her one anyway and she loves it.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site

I always find something to complain about with my devices. I'm having a real tough time picking on this G5. It's stellar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol