I'm interested in buying LG G5. Have you had any problems worth mentioning ?

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
G5 is a great device. I personally recommend it. Keep in mind that the screen is a bit smaller than the g2 but much more vivid!! Beautiful screen really, I love the design and features as well. It's overall a great smartphone.

teknikel

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
The one problem I'm having is of my own making but I tell as a warning. When I first purchased the phone I got a screen protector that didn't cover the upper sensors on the front and everything worked fine. The only thing was there was a rough edge at the top. I went to South Africa and was convinced that the edge wasn't a good thing and got one that fully covered the screen.

Now. I can't answer the phone by just putting it to my ear. I had no service in the 3 weeks I was in SA so I really didn't find out until I returned to the US. Also, there is a problem with the opening the screen with fingerprint. I can get it done. It just takes and extra step that wasn't there before.

The best thing about this phone though is the camera. I won't go into much detail unless you request but the wide angle and manual features are awesome.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
The one problem I'm having is of my own making but I tell as a warning. When I first purchased the phone I got a screen protector that didn't cover the upper sensors on the front and everything worked fine. The only thing was there was a rough edge at the top. I went to South Africa and was convinced that the edge wasn't a good thing and got one that fully covered the screen.

Now. I can't answer the phone by just putting it to my ear. I had no service in the 3 weeks I was in SA so I really didn't find out until I returned to the US. Also, there is a problem with the opening the screen with fingerprint. I can get it done. It just takes and extra step that wasn't there before.

The best thing about this phone though is the camera. I won't go into much detail unless you request but the wide angle and manual features are awesome.

Mine had a rough edge on the top right. Bad paint finish? And it scratches easily. I gave up on using screen protectors.

pensive_thinkr

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I love love love the phone. But. The battery is horrible. I am very surprised. I thought a factory reset would help but it hasn't. Can't believe that today at work my phone went down to 25% by 4pm. After two phone calls of 5 minutes, 20 minutes of music and sending some WhatsApp messages.

I don't know if I have a defective battery or if it's just that bad.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I love love love the phone. But. The battery is horrible. I am very surprised. I thought a factory reset would help but it hasn't. Can't believe that today at work my phone went down to 25% by 4pm. After two phone calls of 5 minutes, 20 minutes of music and sending some WhatsApp messages.

No problem with the battery here. Also, im using Hibernation Manager. Im on Verizon.

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues. The battery has been ok. Every now and then, I will have a app running in the background to will drain the battery. I am on AT&T.

Yusuf Uygun

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
It's a fast phone with a good camera, even the batterylife is not bad imo. But after a month the battery started acting up, and now I have to look twice when my phone is charging. Because sometimes it just won't charge, I've changed a couple of chargers, but the result is the same. So the problem is in the phone itself.

Kevin Hill2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Been a good reliable phone, love the camera, battery life is ok not great not terrible. This is my first LG smart phone, I would buy it again. I can really not think of anything bad to say about it.

Bonzocat_17

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi Teknikel, you mention in your post the G5's wide angle and manual features as being awesome, so I have a question. I want a G5 specifically for its wide angle camera for video use.

My question is - can the widest field of view be adjusted or is it always fixed at its widest setting - non adjustable? Same question for the normal camera.

I want to pair it up with an Osmo gimbal - see the problem with the wide angle camera on Youtube and you'll understand my question better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsd3u9ejsas

Hope you can help!

fatclue_98

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile G5 that was wonderful on Marshmallow. The Nougat update made the battery life unusable to the point that T-Mobile sent me an email expressing other users' complaints regarding the update and offered to exchange the device for any other whether I was due for an upgrade or not. If you can get one on Android 6.0 it's very much worth it. Just stay away from 7.0 until they address the battery issue.

gregp

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I also moved up from a G2. The battery life is fine for me. I love the wide-angle camera.

The biggest annoyance is that when looking at the screen with polarized sunglasses the screen is black in portrait orientation, whereas normally it's visible in portrait and black in landscape. This only affects you if you have polarized glasses; I get around it by peering over the top like an old person or tilting it at a slight angle enough to be able to see through the polarizer. There are probably other little niggles but this is the only one that bothers me regularly vs the G2.

Greg

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

You must have a defective battery. Mine is awesome. I bought a spare battery but the only time I swap them out is to maked sure the overall usage stays fairly even. I've never had to use the spare battery because I need to.

I don't recommend leaving the camera on in the background. It'll suck the life from your battery fairly quickly. And, of course the atrocious Facebook app. That'll really drain the battery.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Maybe it's the Whatsapp app that's draining it. It's easy to check. Please check and let us know.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae