LG G5 H860 Honest Review Saudi Arabia

shefinthemuffin

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Being my 51st Phone was really excited for this one the LG G5. Coming from the LG G4 to the LG V10 and landing on the LG G5 does not feel like a necessary update. Don't get me wrong LG is my top favorite Android Smartphone maker. I have used almost various devices from flagships, mid-range and low-end devices as my my daily driver.
The V10 is the top most personal favorite of mine followed by the Galaxy Note 5 and so on.

Coming back to the LG G5 which is a personally anticipated device which I finally received almost a month from me writing here.

Really happy with the size as it easily fits the palm of my hand. Personally I did not care much about the So-Called poor built quality as mine felt fine and used to get cold whenever the AC was turned on ( But not as cold as the HTC 10 which was exactly my previous device).

Was not really happy about the display which is one of the main reason this phone is ALMOST a NO for me. It was one of the dimmest displays I have seen. I usually am very happy with 25-30% brightness on all my other phones and tablets but this one is so dark which makes it really Annoying and BAD. But thats not the worst SCREEN BLEED, GHOST SCREEN. Etc. are very frequent visitors in my G5 especially with a bit of YouTube. And thats REALLY BAD. At times it gets really frustrating especially when none of my 51 phones had this issue. I tried a couple of apps and YouTube videos to kill the ghost screen but its a temporary solution and this disease will hit back really soon. P. S if any one has found a permanent fix for this issue please comment below.

OKAY, I was very impressed with the battery especially the stand-by. WOW. This could easily have the best Standby time after the iPhone 6. And the battery was actually GOOD as well. Used to get around 6 hours of non stop usage. P. S. I have found an actual working method to increase your Battery's Life NO JOKE. Will be on a separate thread if any one comments down below. GUARANTEED FIX.

Performance on the phone is top notch and never faced a single issue. All 3 of the Camera performed really ABOVE my expectations.

MY PERSONAL RATING FOR THE LG G5-7/10.

BUY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I've bought the G5 almost 3 months ago but I never had all those screen issues that you experienced.
As for the brightness control, the default "automatic brightness" (Marshmallow) tends to set it too low so I installed "Velis Auto Brightness" app and is working good.
I never had 51 phones (!) but the G5 is the 1st that I can read even under the sun without looking for a shadow.
Trying to watch full HD video (Youtube), the reproduction is really clear with vivid colors, no stutters or "ghost effect"...considering that we are talking about a 5.3" screen and not a 50" TV, the result is very amazing, at least for me.
The only thing that I would have liked more on this phone is the size of the memory storage, considering that it can record @ 4k, a 64 GB variant would have been welcomed.
Regards,

Roberto

shefinthemuffin

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the Reply Roberto. It nice to know that your device is free of issues which mine has. This LG G5 of mine is exactly like my Blackberry Priv. A phone with lots of issue but potential. If you could please let me know if there is any specific video on youtube that would help in killing of this GHOST SCREEN issue that would be great. And as for this being my 51st phone, I am an industrial designing Student so any tech specifically cellphone let it be iOS, Android, BB10 OR WINDOWS always keep interesting me. Once again thanks for the reply and please give me a suggestion on what I can do the GHOST SCREEN isuue.
THANKS
SHEFIN

shefinthemuffin

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Im not exactly sure if i am using the tetm ghost screen appropriately. But yrah the apps that were used before appear on the screen faintly when using a different app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney