Rs988 nougat 7.0 update.

Skip501

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, mpsvignesh, LG has moved the discussion from public Twitter to direct messaging. I will follow up this morning and post back when I hear anything. I will screen capture their response and post it here. Cheers.

Skip501

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Folks,

I am attaching an image of my direct message back to LG USA Mobile. Let's see if we get a quality response back. Lol, I should have reviewed it better...there are some nasty grammatical glitches.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.05.39 AM.png

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Folks,

I am attaching an image of my direct message back to LG USA Mobile. Let's see if we get a quality response back. Lol, I should have reviewed it better...there are some nasty grammatical glitches.

View attachment 249865
Im glad someone else is taking them on.. I have called and emailed many times and got different stories about who is sending the update. Once to use LG Bridge, once that my carrier that didnt sell the device will and once that it will come OTa but we cant say when. I dont have a twitter account but I posted some comments on their Facebook page. They have not replied.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
All the marketing and posts on the facebook page are about their darling the new V20. Im sure they want to sell the hell out of it since its main competition the Note 7 has been discontinued and recalled. All they care about is that device.

Skip501

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Folks, I was away last week, but wanted to provide an update. After asking me to move the Twitter conversation private through direct messaging, LG proceeded to ignore me. This company has some serious issues. I am back on Twitter today slamming all their V20 marketing posts. Let's see if I can get their attention again. I can tell you, though, I am done with LG. Their G6 could be the 8th wonder of the modern world and I will not buy it. I am pushing them on G5 RS988 only on a matter of principle now.

dsbrooks

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I just got off a marathon phone call to Google: 855-836-3987. I was transferred to a LG rep within Google, NOT to LG.com. I read her my phone's IMEI number. More hold music.

She returned and confirmed that NO NOUGAT UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR RS988 (factory unlocked) phones. She seemed pretty informed and definitive about it.

:mad:

So, back to B&H Photo with you!

BTW, this information directly contradicted by my chat with lg.com:

lg-chat-lg-nougat-upgrade.jpg

Skip501

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for posting this and for taking the time to escalate. I think the most disconcerting thing is the mixed messages that many here on this forum are getting. There is no single source of truth. In my opinion, it does not seem right that Google would be responsible for sending out the update since LG customizes the Android software. Unless, there is agreement between Google and LG to do this. For example, LG modifies Android with their unique manufacturer enhancements to Android and then passes the software back to Google. This does not make sense to me though, and it is not how I understand this to work with other manufacturers.

I hope that you are able to make your return. I bought from Newegg, so I am screwed. Good luck!

Skip501

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Folks, I was away last week, but wanted to provide an update. After asking me to move the Twitter conversation private through direct messaging, LG proceeded to ignore me. This company has some serious issues. I am back on Twitter today slamming all their V20 marketing posts. Let's see if I can get their attention again. I can tell you, though, I am done with LG. Their G6 could be the 8th wonder of the modern world and I will not buy it. I am pushing them on G5 RS988 only on a matter of principle now.

Folks,

Still no word from LG on Twitter. I had some time this morning to write the president of LG Electronics USA, JunHo Cho. I am attaching a screen capture of my email. Here is Mr. Cho's email address: JunHo[dot]Cho[at]lge[dot]com. I am continuing to reply to every tweet made by @LGUSAmobile warning people not to buy LG. I would think that they would like me to stop, LOL.

Capture.PNG

phrozenspite

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I just got off a marathon phone call to Google: 855-836-3987. I was transferred to a LG rep within Google, NOT to LG.com. I read her my phone's IMEI number. More hold music.

She returned and confirmed that NO NOUGAT UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR RS988 (factory unlocked) phones. She seemed pretty informed and definitive about it.

:mad:

So, back to B&H Photo with you!

BTW, this information directly contradicted by my chat with lg.com:

View attachment 250443

so just one point if you discuss it again with a rep. the phones we have don't get locked to a carrier when we use them, you can switch between multiple carriers as fast as you can swap active sim cards. that number they gave you appears to be for the play store support. so i'm not surprised it took a long time to get transferred to anyone