Rs988 nougat 7.0 update.

Samsoldier

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
How is it possible that the locked versions of lg g5 get the update before the locked version. We need an android authority or some famous website to write an article about the neglected rs988 users

Last edited:

phrozenspite

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Would like to see this update just out of principle. But definitely done with LG, they didn't get an allocation of the newest snapdragon so the g6 is going to be inferior in addition to the poor support they're providing and questionable build quality/engineering

Samsoldier

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Lg g6 video out on lg mobile facebook page...add and like each others comments related to our issue...u may write:Where's the lg g5 (Rs988) nougat update? Whats the point of buying a flagship when it doesnt get quick updates

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Lg g6 video out on lg mobile facebook page...add and like each others comments related to our issue...u may write:Where's the lg g5 (Rs988) nougat update? Whats the point of buying a flagship when it doesnt get quick updates
I seen them blasting facebook with posts about the newG6. I posted several comments about no nougat 7.0 on the rs988. LG only was repling to comments about how people loved or wanted a G6.

phrozenspite

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Interesting... See below:

Dear Thomas

This is a staff of LG PSRT

On the beginning of February, security patch is based on Android 6.0(Mashmallow)

Android 7.0 update will be released on April or May.

Regards,

LG PSRT

They sent me the same response. So apparently if accurate it will have taken them close to 3 times what it did to bring the update to the g5 in the first place

Eric Michels

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I feel like i have a verizon branded phone again😢, o wait, they got there update 3 months ago, takes then 5 to 6 months to update the same phone with minor changes. And with the loss of modularity, i think they will have another looser

Andrew1930

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I feel like i have a verizon branded phone again😢, o wait, they got there update 3 months ago, takes then 5 to 6 months to update the same phone with minor changes. And with the loss of modularity, i think they will have another looser

Well since they'll be waiting so long to bring the nougat update to the RS988 model G5, they might aswell just released the 7.1.1 version of nougat, it's only fair.

Andrew1930

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
It's only fair that since LG will be taking so long to release the nougat update to the G5 RS988 US unlocked model, that they release the 7.1.1 version of nougat.

Eric Michels

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
They say they will put out the update early May, and ya, they have lost me as a customer forever and i truly believe they will be forced to leave the market soon, they have nothing that makes them unique, i will Likely get the pixie2 when i comes out, because if they will not have the physical features i want, i at least one my updates quick

phrozenspite

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
They say they will put out the update early May, and ya, they have lost me as a customer forever and i truly believe they will be forced to leave the market soon, they have nothing that makes them unique, i will Likely get the pixie2 when i comes out, because if they will not have the physical features i want, i at least one my updates quick

They massively ****ed up on the g6 it looks. I get that Samsung had a massive chip order, but how can they justify using the snapdragon 821 as a supply issue when Sony and Nokia both have phones launching with the 835? And we haven't heard about this year's launches from Moto, htc, or any of the Chinese brands wanting to flagship kill

Eric Michels

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
At least with the g4 their was a issuer with the top chip 815 i believe had over heating issues, this is just **** reasons

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool