ATT nougat 7.0 update when... really!!!!

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I mean sprints already had the update for about two months now, WFT does anyone know where this will be released

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Lol. I called this one months ago. I said Jan or Feb and everyone thought I was crazy. I will never buy a carrier branded phone ever again.

Diablo_692

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Lol. I called this one months ago. I said Jan or Feb and everyone thought I was crazy. I will never buy a carrier branded phone ever again.
It doesn't seem to matter. This time I decided to go the non-carrier route and purchased the unlocked RS988 G5, and it has received no Nougat update so far. In fact the last security update it received was back in September, Bottom line, you can't win either way.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't seem to matter. This time I decided to go the non-carrier route and purchased the unlocked RS988 G5, and it has received no Nougat update so far. In fact the last security update it received was back in September, Bottom line, you can't win either way.
I don't have the G5 to test but sometimes even with a unlocked device it will still read the sim card as the carrier and will wait for the update. Try removing the sim card and connecting just on wifi. Then search for the update. Sometimes that works.

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope they are taking their time to make sure it's right, but I suspect that they are busy adding things that I will need to disable or uninstall.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone heard an update on this? It is ridiculous that it is taking AT&T this long to get Nougat out to the G5. It has had more than enough time to have LG work out any bugs and complete testing.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I almost don't even care anymore. This phone has been so solid and stable. You just know at&t is gonna screw it up with a crap upgrade bloated to the gills. I use nova and set it up to look like a pixel. I'm happy as a pig in crap.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It's really a damn shame AT&T does not update their phones I have a friend of mine who has the G5 on Sprint he's had the update for about 4 months now