Awful battery life on g5 se

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey, G5 community.
I guess theres no much difference between g5 and g5se in terms of battery. I have an unbranded g5 se. Its been used for 1,5 week. There is something wrong with my battery. During night time the battery goes rapidly down. During the night cell phone is always in deep sleep mode, even in standby mode battery get down. ( i lose 8-10%) Do this mean i have a defective battery? There are no apps running in background. I mostly use Chrome, Facebook Lite, stock music player, calendar, quick notes. Thats all. I already tried factory reset, My sot is pretty low too. I cant get over 4 hours of sot with 15% of brightness, wifi enabled. Sync, location, 4g, bluetooth, nfc, is always turned off. Today i reached 3,24 h of sot and my battery is almost dead, i didnt even use it during the day. I always have 5 bars of signal reception.
I appreciate any suggestions any tips to make it live longer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for reply @B. Diddy.
My standby time is pretty good this moment. It took some time after i did a factory reset. I lose 2-3 % of juice during the night its totally fine for me.
SOT is not impressive at all. I hardly can reach 4 hours with low brightness and auto sync turned on.

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
72413bd26d3e552c0400ee3d8d8bc270.jpg

a76e37476b78b67c9ebeef4a6da30431.jpg
c20571a28823179600fadc7021d2398e.jpg
c6f000b48480feb735ee80b5b5f7fec1.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, those are relatively normal looking stats to me, coming from a Nexus 6P. What I've found on pretty much all of my devices is that phone idle will still use a steady amount of battery (because of the various processes that periodically awaken it, like apps utilizing Location History, or apps that are syncing in the background). If you were to use the phone with the screen on continuously, I suspect you'd get closer to 5 hours of SOT or more, because there'd be no contribution from idle time -- but then, the total time on battery before you had to charge would be the same as your SOT. If you're only using it lightly or moderately, then the phone should still last until the evening or night, but the total SOT won't be as much.

There are always ways to tweak things to give you more SOT, but that would involve turning lots of things off, or perhaps rooting the phone and flashing a custom ROM/kernel.

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
@B.Diddy i guess there too much rumors and hype around baytery life and all services we have like location, wifi,data etc. in our phones nowadays
I feel no much difference in terms of battery with turned on location, auto sync and wifi or data. Thanks much for detailed answer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I never trust results from "official" battery tests, because the way they often test devices doesn't correspond to real-world use. For example, a test for battery life while watching videos usually means setting a video to play on loop, and then leaving the phone alone. This means you're not doing other routine things like switching back and forth between apps, or actively refreshing data on apps like social media, which can contribute to battery use. The resulting battery life when watching a video on loop will almost always be significantly more than your day-to-day usage.

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
g5 se may have little bit better battery life and lower performance because of weaker processor and lower amount of ram.I cant even say thats g5 se in real life usage. Its super smooth all the same as regular g5. I guess its just a way of money making, theyre promoting the almost same phone for higher price.lol.
I guess we get the same performance and same battery for the higher price.
Your thoughts +B. Diddy?
Its not called "lite" like huawei do, its called SE. Something like small edition ...
I can confirm in best signal reception area 4g network dont drain battery as much as wifi in weak signal area. Battery has much common with network and signal strength. In downtown with great reception i probably can get +1 hour of sot. Its weird you can get perfect signal strenght in first floor, if you move out network gets weaker. Its impossible to have the same network signal in different places even in the same town..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781