Im draining 30-50% overnight with my phone idling

Michaelb2409

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG G5 and recently, I would charge my phone to 100% at night and unplug it. Roughly 6-8 hours of sleep later, it go from 100 to 60-75% battery with nothing on. I have had my phone checked for a bad battery and also had it sent in to get wiped completely and reinstall the OS. After these two separate attempts to get my phone battery back to the way it used to be (lasting almost 2 days of moderate use), I was unsuccessful. I have tried apps that force shut down apps at night, they didn't do anything. I have tried turning off gps/Wi-Fi/ always on display/ and every other thing like syncing and I still have the same issue. When I charge it to 100% my estimate battery life of usage is around 25 hours which is accurate for when I first got the phone. But now at 99 or 98% my estimate goes down to 6-9 hours. I have been having this issue for around 2 months and have only had the phone for 6 months at most. I am all out of ideas here and would love some advice. I am using an sd card and one of the basic home launchers with an app drawer if that has anything to do with my problem. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! One of the first things to check would be the cell signal strength, since poor signal can cause significant battery drain.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage (including the overnight idle), without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue after I updated my at&t G5 to nougat. I have a pioneer a/v receiver app that seems to stay open and eat my battery. If I stop that app my battery drain stops overnight. Keep looking for a rogue app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21