LG G6 Looking Amazing

clrdust

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks decent to me nothing out of the ordinary. Plus now we know they might use 821 so nah not my cup of tea at all

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
If it doesn't have the HiFi dac I'm not interested..... I'll wait for V30 but truthfully V20 doesn't need anything as far as I'm concerned so I'm good for 24

Yeah, that's why I'm probably going to have to wait until the end of 2018 if they have a V30, because I don't want to pay off my V20 on the 24 month payment plan with Verizon when I upgrade

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Looking really good! Where is that drool emoticon when you need it haha. Anything from 80% screen to body ratio is great but when you start to hit that 90% range. Things get really interesting! :D

Thanks for sharing OP!

No Problem! It's so much better to have other people's opinions on what they think of it.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think going from a G5 to the G6 would be worth all that with losing the Removable Battery and the processor wouldn't be an upgrade much at all. If they do have the 821, Just stick with the V20 (unless they have the Iris Scanner and the Quad DAC in it, then it might seriously be worth a look.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OMGOSH, this phone looks so amazing and sexy! My boyfriend is thinking about getting an LG G4 for his next phone, and so I'm trying to convince him to look at the G5 or the G6! Hope this phone does well for LG!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I am concerned with, though... is that LG, well, when in doubt, they'll screw things up. They are the smart phone equivalent of ...

well...

this

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I am concerned with, though... is that LG, well, when in doubt, they'll screw things up. They are the smart phone equivalent of ...

well...

this
Totally agree. They always manage to find a way to fall short. Usually, the combination of poor screens, poor battery life and crappy UI ruin it for me. I hate their washed out, cold screens (that also get poor reviews from the "experts" who do in-depth reviews of screens).

I think if a good screen-to-body ratio is all the G6 offers, it will get lost in the market again. It sounds like the S8 and the next iPhone will follow that path as well and that seems to be the theme for 2017. Others are sure to follow.

Others have caught up with (and some have passed) LG's cameras and about all LG is left with is decent sound. That is not much of a selling point to the masses.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
No removable battery, no buy.

Simply put and so true. Every phone I have ever had has needed to have the battery pulled to save it at some point. This includes my current V-10. I will be in the market for a new phone later this year and I would not be comfortable without a battery I can pull.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, even with the older but perfectly capable 821 and the loss of a removable battery that is bigger than any previous models, if it's $100 to $150 cheaper than the new Galaxy it should do all right. I am still interested depending on price. I have no need for an $800 Galaxy filled with gimmicky features that people moaned about it needing that just drives the price up. Same thing going on here. I bet the same people who say "no removable battery, no buy" will say things like "No water proof, no buy" or "No wireless charging, No buy". I just can't imagine any job that keeps you using your phone constantly away from any outlets for so many hours at a time. These things charge so quickly now and even car quick chargers are under $10 on Amazon.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
It looks good to me but I want to see the full press renders in all their glory... TBH, the most attractive feature to me is the aspect ratio... I don't think 18:9 has ever been done on a phone. And I really like widescreens!

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It looks good but I heard it will have no removable battery (which is a big reason I went from Samsung to LG in the first place, currently have a G4) so I might just decide to get the V20 instead. Hopefully it's a bit cheaper now since it was released a few months ago. No point in waiting for the G6 or S8 anymore now that both have been confirmed to not have one of the main features I look for. (If it hasn't actually been confirmed then correct me)

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
OEMs are moving away from that so you are going to be disappointed in the future a lot unless you get a budget phone with a removeable battery.

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing the earlier leak that has the glossy LG G6 means that LG is going to have a color very similar to Apple's Jet Black while the normal colors will look like metal. I'm all for the metal look.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
There were also these images 'Leaked'. i don't know how legitimate they are but always nice to look! Only a couple weeks to go.
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.49.28 PM.png
LG G6 Pic1.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll guess that we're seeing at least two colors... the silver and jet black. Maybe a dark grey.

I wonder if it's painted glass or (hope not) plastic. I wish the back was metal like the V20... sure are a lot of antenna bands on frame.

Another thing to note... pics look like this phone is chunkier than the V20... enough to make the camera flush compared to V20 and comparing the side buttons between the two how much thicker the phones are. The V20 has a 3300 battery removeable... so guessing at least 3500... 3750?? At that thickness would hope 3750-4000 to get iPhone like battery life.

There were also these images 'Leaked'. i don't know how legitimate they are but always nice to look! Only a couple weeks to go.
View attachment 251637
View attachment 251638

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez