Where's the forum buzz?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, or are the forums unusually quiet for a flagship phone that's been leaking like the Titanic and is getting officially announced in 2 days?? There aren't even any stickies lol.

I for one am really looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the G6. Probably will be my next phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to seeing what LG does this year! I loved my G3 and would certainly consider the G6 if it is as intriguing as it sounds! I'm sure more buzz will be made in the days to follow! :)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's a little quiet. Maybe it'll pick up after the announcement though

New article has just posted about the G6! :D

I'm sure some are still sleeping or just waking up. I expect the forums to get busy soon. Let the hype begin! :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
New article has just posted about the G6! :D

I'm sure some are still sleeping or just waking up. I expect the forums to get busy soon. Let the hype begin! :)

Yeah, I just woke up and I'm getting cought up. I'll admit, I want this phone. I'm posting on my G5 right now and honestly I'm really not in a hurry to get away from this device. I don't think I'll be upgrading day of release this year, if at all. I've been an LG guy for years but I gotta say, the second gen Pixel looms large for me in the fall.

Kcnewf2

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
After the Note 7 fiasco, I bought a "burner" Windows phone hoping the wait for the G6 would be bearable. Looks like I am going to have to wait for the S8 or perhaps the Note 8.

Due to the schizophrenic and regional specs the G6 is clearly not a flagship phone that I had anticipated.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I just woke up and I'm getting cought up. I'll admit, I want this phone. I'm posting on my G5 right now and honestly I'm really not in a hurry to get away from this device. I don't think I'll be upgrading day of release this year, if at all. I've been an LG guy for years but I gotta say, the second gen Pixel looms large for me in the fall.

Yeah, the Google Pixel was basically the ultimate smartphone for last year. I presume it will be the same for this year, provided it doesn't launch in January 2018. Anything straight from Google gets the 'Gold Standard' award right out the gate. :)

but I think the LG G6 is looking awesome. Don't really mind that it's got the Snapdragon 821 and not anything later. It will still perform very well and I think the cash for it, is worth it. The screen is also very cool. :D

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

The G6 looks amazing, for sure! Sooo many choices! Ahhh! :)

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So true for me.....last thing I want is a damn glass backed phone. I just want the phone to perform....I do not need any jewelry.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is the main problem I have with the G6. Why would I pay the same amount for a phone with last years top processor as for a phone with the latest processor. The G6 looks like a nice phone, but I don't see one feature on the phone that makes it stand out from the competition. Maybe I am missing something.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the main problem I have with the G6. Why would I pay the same amount for a phone with last years top processor as for a phone with the latest processor. The G6 looks like a nice phone, but I don't see one feature on the phone that makes it stand out from the competition. Maybe I am missing something.
I'm guessing you know the price of the G6 in markets outside Korea? Please, do tell.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you know the price of the G6 in markets outside Korea? Please, do tell.

Cool - then maybe LG G6 will be the a bargain basement phone. Would be a good choice - release a phone in 2017 with 2016 specs, should be priced the same as 2016 phones are now being priced.

I just am having a hard time understanding the thought process on the phone. LG has always tried to standout a little from the crowd. Sometimes not very successfully, but they have tried. What makes the G6 stand out from the crowd? Why would someone in the next few months looking at the 2017 flagship phones want to pick the G6, what is/are the stand out features?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Cool - then maybe LG G6 will be the a bargain basement phone. Would be a good choice - release a phone in 2017 with 2016 specs, should be priced the same as 2016 phones are now being priced.

I just am having a hard time understanding the thought process on the phone. LG has always tried to standout a little from the crowd. Sometimes not very successfully, but they have tried. What makes the G6 stand out from the crowd? Why would someone in the next few months looking at the 2017 flagship phones want to pick the G6, what is/are the stand out features?
Maybe they realized that standing out wasn't helping their sales. I mean the G5 was a flop. It seems like this year they're going back to the basics which is what Samsung did with the S6. I can see where they're going with it. The device looks nice. I live in the US though, and I can't get over the no 835 or 32gb. If this allows them to price their device cheaper, I guess that's a good thing. However, I'm all about getting the best so that makes it a no go for me. I think it'll sell better than the G5 though.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

You do realize they wanted to put the 835 in the G6, right? It wasn't available in their launch window so they had to use the 821. It was either beat Samsung to market and try to capture some sales or wait until May/June to use the 835. They know they aren't going to sell tens of millions of units like Samsung. The point was to put out a quality device, while listening to customer feedback. I think they did. Now it comes down to price which has yet to be released outside of Korea.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or are the forums unusually quiet for a flagship phone that's been leaking like the Titanic and is getting officially announced in 2 days?? There aren't even any stickies lol.

I for one am really looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the G6. Probably will be my next phone.

What stickies would we have? No pre-orders and no photos sharing things out yet so .. :p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt