LG G6 review

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
There are various one-week impression videos on YouTube on the G6 and for the most part they all make it sound like a solid phone. Camera, screen, battery, build, performance which are my important needs all sound solid... no glaringly consistent flaw found in those. I look forward to the official reviews with final release phones.

As far as the criticism on the 821... I haven't seen anyone mention any sort of lag or complaint of lag using the 821 so I can't imagine the 835 on the S8 will feel so much smoother/faster. I actually hope for a surprise because I'm still expecting the Samsung famous lag no matter what the processor.

The only issue for me will be price and what I can get it at. I prefer $650... but if it hits as high as $800 it would be tough.

Not just the S8 coming out... unless they price the smaller phone at $850 and the plus at $950 which might make me think carefully if the phone is not any smoother/faster or battery efficient with the 835, there are great phones like the OnePlus 3T that are cheaper... but again you have the bigger screen, better build, and water resist and wireless charge and microsd.

One thing to consider if you can wait... LG won't sell the numbers Samsung will so they seem to have to discount heavily months later with carriers bringing monthly payments down dramatically while Samsung not so much... so this could be a great phone later in the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElD_XsBxV6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwDVH9EXSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fimsAwOHnDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxvPqIMt_aA

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
There are various one-week impression videos on YouTube on the G6 and for the most part they all make it sound like a solid phone. Camera, screen, battery, build, performance which are my important needs all sound solid... no glaringly consistent flaw found in those. I look forward to the official reviews with final release phones.

As far as the criticism on the 821... I haven't seen anyone mention any sort of lag or complaint of lag using the 821 so I can't imagine the 835 on the S8 will feel so much smoother/faster. I actually hope for a surprise because I'm still expecting the Samsung famous lag no matter what the processor.

The only issue for me will be price and what I can get it at. I prefer $650... but if it hits as high as $800 it would be tough.

Not just the S8 coming out... unless they price the smaller phone at $850 and the plus at $950 which might make me think carefully if the phone is not any smoother/faster or battery efficient with the 835, there are great phones like the OnePlus 3T that are cheaper... but again you have the bigger screen, better build, and water resist and wireless charge and microsd.

One thing to consider if you can wait... LG won't sell the numbers Samsung will so they seem to have to discount heavily months later with carriers bringing monthly payments down dramatically while Samsung not so much... so this could be a great phone later in the year.

It can't sell for anymore than the current S7 Edge, which what it pretty much is, other than having a better camera and smaller bezels. You can buy a new unlocked S7 edge for less than $600, and a carrier version for about $690, which includes a 128 gb sd card from Samsung. So if it comes out at a higher price than the S7 Edge, you are better off buying the S7 Edge.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Definitely another option to consider if you can get one at that window where the S8 is annouced and the S7E is reduced to get rid of inventory and an option I am considering too...

I'm waiting for the S8 press conference to see officially what this phone is about and hoping to read some early reviews to hear about performance and battery.

If the S8 doesnt sound super exciting and really ends up at the $850 range... then the S7E will definitely be a consideration as well as the G6 depending on price. Right now I can get a S7E for $299 through company AT&T account. After S8 press release, they will probably be letting them go at $199. It really depends on how much I will be able to get the G6 at corp prices too.

I like the S7E... and I can live with the edge display... but the G6 screen really looks so good flat that if I really had a choice between inifinity screen or flat with all else relatively equal... I'd take flat.

It can't sell for anymore than the current S7 Edge, which what it pretty much is, other than having a better camera and smaller bezels. You can buy a new unlocked S7 edge for less than $600, and a carrier version for about $690, which includes a 128 gb sd card from Samsung. So if it comes out at a higher price than the S7 Edge, you are better off buying the S7 Edge.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Doing a last minute spec comparison vs my G4. GSMArena says that the G6 device itself (not the screen) is exactly the same height as my G4. Can that be correct? I thought that it would be longer. If this is true, I am ordering!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have really high hopes for the G6. It was a very strong contender for me for upgrading in the future; but its lack of LED notification makes me nervous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC