donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
http://www.ubergizmo.com/reviews/lg-g6-review/

"The LG G5 is the first mobile to be certified by Dolby Vision as far as I know. The late Galaxy Note 7 had support for HDR videos, but since it has been pulled from the market. The LG G6 becomes the de-facto HDR phone to beat going forward.

The LG G6 IPS LCD display has a maximum brightness of 600 NIT, which is about 2X brighter than the average phone. Just to cite a couple of examples, the Google Pixel tops 343 NITs in brightness, while the S7 Edge reaches 558 NITs according to our measurements."

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Most of my phone usage is indoors. When I had the g4 I found using the phone in bed at night with the screen glowing on black screens annoying. Moving forward it's OLED or bust for me.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
OLED would have been nice. I think for them, it would cost more to make. Like they said about the processor, they would have to redesign the entire internal components just to change the technology.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
LG stated publicly in October they want to switch to OLED for smartphones in 2017, but the G6 would not make the cut because their screen manufacturing plants don't have the capacity to ramp up that fast. Too busy making TV screens and smartwatch screens. I think I read they make nearly all the smartwatch screens out there, including Apple. So the LG V30 is the likely target for OLED.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Most of my phone usage is indoors. When I had the g4 I found using the phone in bed at night with the screen glowing on black screens annoying. Moving forward it's OLED or bust for me.

Most of the difference is a lab result. The vast majority of people outside this forum can't tell a huge difference between a G5 screen, an iPhone screen or an S7 screen. They may say ones brighter but it's never as dire as people here make it out to be.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Most of the difference is a lab result. The vast majority of people outside this forum can't tell a huge difference between a G5 screen, an iPhone screen or an S7 screen. They may say ones brighter but it's never as dire as people here make it out to be.

To be clear, I'm saying the phone isn't for me unless it has OLED. I'm aware the typical user can't tell the difference. I can in an instant.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

Anyone can see the difference if they look at the G5 and S7 side by side. It is not even close. The iPhone is not OLED, but is calibrated so much better than the G5. If the G6 looks like the G5 or even the V20, it will not sell well when displayed next to the others.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone can see the difference if they look at the G5 and S7 side by side. It is not even close. The iPhone is not OLED, but is calibrated so much better than the G5. If the G6 looks like the G5 or even the V20, it will not sell well when displayed next to the others.

The V20 looks great... Its all a matter of preference. I don't like the cartoon look of the S7.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you look at the professional screen reviews, the LG screens are not good. "Poorly color calibrated." "Obnoxiously" cold. Here are a couple:

LG V20, G5, Note 7, S7 Edge: Display Showdown - Android Authority

Display - The LG G5 Review

They are not good. Hopefully, the G6 will be better.

I've seen those before, nothing new. I don't need to look at those reviews or any reviews to know what I like to look at. People often get hung up in reviews and specs and for some things that's important. When it comes to visual and audio type choices, specs and reviews are more of a guide than they are a measure of what you like. We could argue all day long about what the best display is, but in the end your money is yours, mine is mine and the same for our choices.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan