Are you getting a G6 or an S8?

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been a Samsung Note user for the last 5 years and am thinking of jumping ship. Considering the LG G6 but don't really know anything about their quality and reliability. Can anyone comment on LG equipment?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been a Samsung Note user for the last 5 years and am thinking of jumping ship. Considering the LG G6 but don't really know anything about their quality and reliability. Can anyone comment on LG equipment?
I've owned 4 or 5 previous Samsung phones including two Note 7s late last year.

I've had my V20 since release day and honestly have had no issues at all since day one

No bootloop, no overheat, no cracked camera lens ...... nada yay !!!

Granted I may be lucky but I think the majority of the V20 owners would concur ?!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had nothing but good experiences with my 3 LG phones. Also had Samsung S and Note phones. One is not better than the other, just different. G4, V10 and V20 were all great, well except for the V10 battery life, or lack thereof lol

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to wait. I bet more promotions will be offered after the Galaxy S8 announcement and I would not be surprised if we would see a 64gb G6 announced in the US not long after the new Galaxy release.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The boot loop issue was largely isolated to the G4/V10. The G5/V20 was not really affected by the issue. No more so than any other phone, by any other OEM.

Last edited:

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
As I recall, quality control was not very good on the G5 with people complaining about gps, bluetooth and wifi issues (mostly not having strong connections) as well as mis-aligned parts, etc. Some of that related to the modules. The V20 had a few issues with the camera glass cracking. It seems that many of the phones produced these days have some QC issues. I am ordering the G6, but I do have slight concerns about LG's quality based on the LG phones I have had in the past. On the other hand, all of the reviews have been very positive and hopefully any issues will be identified during the exchange period.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm torn. I have a perfectly good GS7 and I love Samsung pay, however I like the overall experience of the LG phones I've had better than the Sammy UI. I am afraid if I buy now I will miss a good sale/promo on the G6 after the S8 comes out. Plus, I have been a frequent switcher for 2 years and the next new phone I get will be it for at least 18 months. Soooo.... Just staying still for now.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn. I have a perfectly good GS7 and I love Samsung pay, however I like the overall experience of the LG phones I've had better than the Sammy UI. I am afraid if I buy now I will miss a good sale/promo on the G6 after the S8 comes out. Plus, I have been a frequent switcher for 2 years and the next new phone I get will be it for at least 18 months. Soooo.... Just staying still for now.

You don't have to worry about the LG going up in price after the S8 is released. In fact, it probably will drop even more, but you may not get some of the pre-order goodies.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
You don't have to worry about the LG going up in price after the S8 is released. In fact, it probably will drop even more, but you may not get some of the pre-order goodies.

I'm not worried about the goodies. I want the phone. But.... I love the look of the G6 and I never can love Samsung for some reason. I'll probably cave and buy it.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Neither? I went for the Moto Z. However, if I were to purchase one of them, it would probably be the Samsung. Call me crazy, but the remote possiblity of my phone blowing up is less off-putting than a boot loop, or performance issues. Plus, I have a general lack of distrust for LG, compliments of the LG G2x, and the G Flex 2, the V10 and the G5.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Neither? I went for the Moto Z. However, if I were to purchase one of them, it would probably be the Samsung. Call me crazy, but the remote possiblity of my phone blowing up is less off-putting than a boot loop, or performance issues. Plus, I have a general lack of distrust for LG, compliments of the LG G2x, and the G Flex 2, the V10 and the G5.

So you've owned those LG phones or just what you've read?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
There must not be a lot interest in this phone. Normally with the iPhone or the Samsung S model, if you don't order within the first few hours, you miss out on the first shipment of phones. 4 days after preorder started on Verizon, they still have ship by March 30th.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I definitely do not trust SD cards so that stuff would be backed up via the cloud. I mean I would use one but not trust it in the case of the phone failing and hoping the data is still on the card.
I have had a card go bad, I also know people who have had their phone die on them. Backup is needed no matter where you keep your storage. Any items created on my phone like pictures and docs are backed up automatically to the cloud. like and use SD cards in my phone. I will not consider a phone without an SD card slot. The only reason they are left out is so the manufacturer can play the Apple game and ream you for a lot of money for cheap storage.

I don't consume media from the cloud. I know what I want to listen and watch on my phone. I also travel a lot and enjoy listening to media on my phone while on the planes and overseas. Some of my journeys can take over 35 hours of travel. Others use their phones differently and that is fine, but for me I like having a lot of media with me at all times.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had a card go bad, I also know people who have had their phone die on them. Backup is needed no matter where you keep your storage. Any items created on my phone like pictures and docs are backed up automatically to the cloud. like and use SD cards in my phone. I will not consider a phone without an SD card slot. The only reason they are left out is so the manufacturer can play the Apple game and ream you for a lot of money for cheap storage.

I don't consume media from the cloud. I know what I want to listen and watch on my phone. I also travel a lot and enjoy listening to media on my phone while on the planes and overseas. Some of my journeys can take over 35 hours of travel. Others use their phones differently and that is fine, but for me I like having a lot of media with me at all times.

And that is fine -- As I said I don't trust certain things to SD cards... I don't shun them all together. I see zero issue loading tons of media up on it... Chances are I can re-load that media if it did fail. I have used SD cards for this very thing many of times and still will use it for that to this day. I am just saying I wouldn't trust photos and important docs to just an SD card (like how that poster made it sound).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And that is fine -- As I said I don't trust certain things to SD cards... I don't shun them all together. I see zero issue loading tons of media up on it... Chances are I can re-load that media if it did fail. I have used SD cards for this very thing many of times and still will use it for that to this day. I am just saying I wouldn't trust photos and important docs to just an SD card (like how that poster made it sound).
I do. I'd throw the card on the ground in yellow snow before sticking it near my phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
There must not be a lot interest in this phone. Normally with the iPhone or the Samsung S model, if you don't order within the first few hours, you miss out on the first shipment of phones. 4 days after preorder started on Verizon, they still have ship by March 30th.
LG has just a small percentage of the cell phone market. There's never really been a big run on their phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet