shouldn't we be close to an announcement for the US launch?

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm getting antsy. They just announced the launch for Australia for March 28. I'm hoping maybe today we will hear about US? The rumor is April 7, and that's one month from today.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but you'd think they want to get this baby out before the S8 hits.

I agree, but LG is just really clueless on final execution. The LG V20 wait was terribly bad and nobody had any idea until the last minute. After about 7 weeks from the official launch with no date from any carrier, it was like okay, in stores this Friday.

During that mess they allowed the Pixel to swoop in, get announced, and launched before the V20. All while missing out on the Samsung recall.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep as said they're really slow when it comes to launches for the US.
I really don't see what difference it makes. If someone is interested in both phones they will wait and compare. Only if someone's phone breaks and they have to buy ASAP will it really matter.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If LG doesn't announce soon for US, it will lose any momentum it has gained with early reviews. In a little over 2 weeks, Samsung will officially announce the S8, and we will be lucky to see any more press or reviews on the G6 after that.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
If LG doesn't announce soon for US, it will lose any momentum it has gained with early reviews. In a little over 2 weeks, Samsung will officially announce the S8, and we will be lucky to see any more press or reviews on the G6 after that.

Yeah, if they open preorders now, they'd get a jump. Just dumb.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The S8 is as good as announced right now, anyone thinking about the G6 knows the S8 is an option. I doubt a months difference in release dates will give the G6 a boost.

Now 2 year contracts on gone in the USA, the phone buying cycle in the US has completely changed. Everyone does not feel the need to buy a new phone every 12 months. Phone companies are not fully into this new reality. They should looking at new phone sale numbers last year. Not a big shift but it was different. 2017 will be the year with almost no 2 year phone discounts. I think we will see a difference.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I really don't see what difference it makes. If someone is interested in both phones they will wait and compare. Only if someone's phone breaks and they have to buy ASAP will it really matter.

Depends on a person to person basis. I was super psyched for the V20 but the Pixel came out and got my attention .. LG lost that sale.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Depends on a person to person basis. I was super psyched for the V20 but the Pixel came out and got my attention .. LG lost that sale.
Same here.. When they announced the V20 I was super stoked and was an instant buy if they had released immediately or a week or two after announcement. They didn't and released like 2 months or later something like that? By then had got the pixel XL, iPhone 7 plus and already moved on from the V20. They lost a sale from me as well because of the delay.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here.. When they announced the V20 I was super stoked and was an instant buy if they had released immediately or a week or two after announcement. They didn't and released like 2 months or later something like that? By then had got the pixel XL, iPhone 7 plus and already moved on from the V20. They lost a sale from me as well because of the delay.
Great but what features does the G6 have to get excited about? I am not trying to be argue, I just don't see anything new or exciting about the G6. While the S8 has not been announced it might as well have been, the leaks are all over the Android news sites.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Great but what features does the G6 have to get excited about? I am not trying to be argue, I just don't see anything new or exciting about the G6. While the S8 has not been announced it might as well have been, the leaks are all over the Android news sites.
We people here don't need new features to get excited about, we get excited about anything new and shiny. The more it delays the shine wears off. That's how it is for me personally at least.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Great, so you don't like the G6. You've indicated that repeatedly in every post. So why are you still hanging around this forum? So you can stir the pot in every thread? I'm just curious. I really don't care but you seem hell bent to bad mouth the G6 in every post.

And what's so great about the S8? The fact that it has an unproven (but hopefully great) SoC? That it has an even taller display at 18.5:9 than the G6?

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site

There's really nothing new about the S8 either. Tall phone, smaller battery than the S7 edge, in the S8 variant at least and maybe in the S8+, (which makes no sense) waterproofing, fingerprint sensor on the back, wireless charging. Not much innovation. The G6 actually competes on paper other than an AMOLED screen.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
There's really nothing new about the S8 either. Tall phone, smaller battery than the S7 edge, in the S8 variant at least and maybe in the S8+, (which makes no sense) waterproofing, fingerprint sensor on the back, wireless charging. Not much innovation. The G6 actually competes on paper other than an AMOLED screen.

The S8 has the 835 chip which would allow it work on 5G networks, if of course, we had 5G networks.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The S8 has the 835 chip which would allow it work on 5G networks, if of course, we had 5G networks.
By the time 5G network gets widely deployed which may be couple of years later, people would have moved on from the G6 to next. Its not like 5G network is ready and waiting.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Great, so you don't like the G6. You've indicated that repeatedly in every post. So why are you still hanging around this forum? So you can stir the pot in every thread? I'm just curious. I really don't care but you seem hell bent to bad mouth the G6 in every post.

And what's so great about the S8? The fact that it has an unproven (but hopefully great) SoC? That it has an even taller display at 18.5:9 than the G6?
Because it is an open forum that allows all to play. Plus I have been asking the same question that was finally answered. No new features, just a new phone. I think everyone here underestimate the average phone buyer. The first questions many when looking at a new phone they will ask is what is new and why it's better than the competition.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante