I have a G6 infront of me, ask away

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's coming to Korea in the near future. No word on a US release. Supposedly it works similar to Samsung Pay and can be used on non touch-pay enabled readers. That's all I know.
I had read that Samsung pay was considering allowing its service to be used on non-samsung phones but that has been in talks for awhile now.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
7.1 has been available since october. One would think LG could have installed this version instead of 7.0. 7.1 has some nice features. Now we have to wait months for the carriers to update to 7.1. The link below explains the new features. Even the S7 got updated to 7.1.1 recently.

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/nougat/android-7.1.html

I can say the app shortcuts is the only thing I use on my Pixel XL. Also did they get 7.1? To my knowledge the S7 only got the Android N update (7.0) -- unless that changed and I wasn't aware.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I can say the app shortcuts is the only thing I use on my Pixel XL. Also did they get 7.1? To my knowledge the S7 only got the Android N update (7.0) -- unless that changed and I wasn't aware.

Pixel got the 7.1 update in October, and 7.1.1 in December. You are right about the S7. They got 7.0, not 7.1.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Question, are you able to access your micro sd card with Android 7.0? I see where the Samsung S7 is having issues after the update to 7.0.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Pixel got the 7.1 update in October, and 7.1.1 in December. You are right about the S7. They got 7.0, not 7.1.
G6 owners: did you manually check for an update? I have 7.0 on my 7 edge and just now checked for an update and it's doing some software update. Not sure if it's the 7.1 or some security thing

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I thought the G6 wasnt compatible with daydream due to the display type?

The aspect ratio shouldn't be an issue, you only need to turn on the pixel you want with any image to project.

Remember most of the VR Headsets actually doesn't use the whole square screen.

The phone show in the display something like this while in the Daydream Headset:

beasts_03.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Nothing to due with the aspect ratio, its the display type itself. IPS LCD isnt compatible.

That's not really accurate, LCD is perfectly compatible, it's about some features, response and refresh time among others, the next to come Pimax 8K VR Headset is designed with a LCD screen.

Also you can use the device for some experiences which it will handle perfectly well, but let see if the device itself can be used, I think in no time we both will have the answer :)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That's not really accurate, LCD is perfectly compatible, it's about some features, response and refresh time among others, the next to come Pimax 8K VR Headset is designed with a LCD screen.

Also you can use the device for some experiences which it will handle perfectly well, but let see if the device itself can be used, I think in no time we both will have the answer :)
Somewhere on here or XDA it was tried and didn't work. Then based on the reviews for this phone it was found to be due to the display. I think it's pretty safe to say we already know. I guess I could run up to the store and grab a daydream to be sure though.