This phone is a real winner

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure it is. LG has nailed it. Huge improvements in design and hardware/features. If I didn't already own a V20 (which is an excellent phone) I'd get the G6.

Just one question though, how fast is the shutter/focus speed? Does it top The S7's dual pixel technology?

Right now the cameras looking to be somewhat of an issue honestly. There seems to be some blurring issues especially in low light. On the ones I took Im not really seeing it but my eyes arent the greatest. On some other users shots you can clearly see somethings not right.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Right now the cameras looking to be somewhat of an issue honestly. There seems to be some blurring issues especially in low light. On the ones I took Im not really seeing it but my eyes arent the greatest. On some other users shots you can clearly see somethings not right.

Software update will take care of that once initial feedback comes in. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning that. I had asked that earlier but didnt get a reply. I figured it should be easy enough to patch.

I wouldn't keep it expecting an update to fix it. The camera is really good outside for me with landscape and people pics but inside and low light it's pretty iffy. I can get some good pics but it's a bit of work. If the camera is a deal breaker the way it is I would send it back. I wouldn't keep it hoping an update will fix it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't keep it expecting an update to fix it. The camera is really good outside for me with landscape and people pics but inside and low light it's pretty iffy. I can get some good pics but it's a bit of work. If the camera is a deal breaker the way it is I would send it back. I wouldn't keep it hoping an update will fix it.
I really don't take many pictures. I'll take some at my kids sports but those are outside in sun for the most part. My daughter first softball game of the season is Wednesday so I'll have to test it out there.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
He lifts me up just to knock me back down...not cool lol
Lol. Well just speaking the truth.

I decided to open the G6 and play with it. I'd say camera quality is very similar to the V20 with the same issues.

I'm installing all apps now and will try to switch it over as my daily driver tomorrow to see how it goes.

If all else goes well, I might keep it, save the $5/month in phone payment with plans to switch to the Note 8 later in the year.

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I was set in upgrading to the lg g6. After doing my research, I think the v20 is basically the same as the g6. I'm still under my 2 week return period to get the g6, but there's no way I could go from a 64 gb to 32. I like having plenty of space.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I never thought I missed flat screen this much. Lol. And no camera hump.

Putting a tempered glass on it was one of my favorite things. Not having those stupid halo's is such a nice change. Curved screens need to go away, so glad LG realized this.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of the curved displays either, but I will say the less pronounced style on the Note 7 was ok, and it looks like that same design will be on the S8 and S8+. I do prefer a flat screen as well though...

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ive got the camera blurriness issue as well. Very slow shutter speed and my pixel absolutely blows it away in speed and clarity. Its disappointing because I otherwise love the device.