How's your battery life?

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No problem. Also wifi scanning and Bluetooth scanning in "location" settings is off.
Quick look tells me you have more Google-related apps syncing than I do! I've also turned off wifi scanning, Bluetooth scanning and locations. I might have to go the nuclear option and wipe the device.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Quick look tells me you have more Google-related apps syncing than I do! I've also turned off wifi scanning, Bluetooth scanning and locations. I might have to go the nuclear option and wipe the device.
I also have an exchange server that syncs emails, calendar and contacts. The emails go back to 2008 and I have my device sync them all so I can quickly reference them for customers.

When I set my phone up I had to factory reset it 3 times. I had my SD card in twice and i had no ringtones or notifications because of the SD card. On the 3rd reset I removed the SD card and got my ringtones etc back. Since then I've left it alone and since I couldn't figure out how to access the recovery I haven't even wiped the cache partition like I normally do after setting up my apps. I don't know if wiping it helped or not so I can't really say if it will help you. All I know is it sucks having to reset the apps up and it ends up not helping.

The only other variance could be apps installed. Like I said, I don't use a lot of social media. In fact I only have Twitter and I rarely use that except for news when I want it fast.

If you need anymore info let me know, hopefully we can get to the bottom of the difference in experiences.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if any correlation to carrier? Ya never know due to each carrier messing with the OS to their liking. I have an option between getting an At&T variant and a verizon to pop my At&T sim in so looking to see if there will be any performance difference

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I also have an exchange server that syncs emails, calendar and contacts. The emails go back to 2008 and I have my device sync them all so I can quickly reference them for customers.

When I set my phone up I had to factory reset it 3 times. I had my SD card in twice and i had no ringtones or notifications because of the SD card. On the 3rd reset I removed the SD card and got my ringtones etc back. Since then I've left it alone and since I couldn't figure out how to access the recovery I haven't even wiped the cache partition like I normally do after setting up my apps. I don't know if wiping it helped or not so I can't really say if it will help you. All I know is it sucks having to reset the apps up and it ends up not helping.

The only other variance could be apps installed. Like I said, I don't use a lot of social media. In fact I only have Twitter and I rarely use that except for news when I want it fast.

If you need anymore info let me know, hopefully we can get to the bottom of the difference in experiences.
Really appreciate the feedback and insight. I hope to get to the bottom the discrepancy in battery life without having to reset my device.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So people on T mobile already have the G6? I'm on sprint and have to wait till April 7th..... So jealous right now lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if their padding the 100% number or not but Ive been off the charger for 1 hour and 17 minutes after charging overnight and Im still at 100. Now Im not really using the phone, only opened it a couple times to check something but normally when I charge overnight I drop to 98% rather quickly on most other phones.

Today will be interesting since my exchange account is all synced and all my apps are set up. My hope is a consistent 5 hours screen on time. If I can get that then Ill be happy. Coming from 9-10 hours on the Mate 9 its definitely going to take some getting used to though.

Edit. Been almost an hour since I posted the above and Im still at 100% which leads me to believe they are absolutely padding the 100% mark and this things going to dump from 99% to 90% very rapidly.

Please keep us updated on your battery life! This phone sounds incredible!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Please keep us updated on your battery life! This phone sounds incredible!
Been using it hard the past hour or so with YouTube, lots of web browsing. Still doing good. Looks like I'm on Pace for about 6 1/2 hours easily. Idle time has been amazing.

2692b73f7a4e0667386296d858700f80.jpg

b81b41d259ff52bd58dad7ad0eb05018.jpg

skinnytoo201

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if the bad battery life users have restored or started from scratch. I know one of you hard reset three times, but are you doing a restore or downloading apps one by one? I think that makes a big difference. I always do a hard reset after 24 hours and start from scratch. Seems to help or so I think. Lol

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if the bad battery life users have restored or started from scratch. I know one of you hard reset three times, but are you doing a restore or downloading apps one by one? I think that makes a big difference. I always do a hard reset after 24 hours and start from scratch. Seems to help or so I think. Lol
I usually restore from a backup. This is the first phone I've owned that I regret that decision. I might have to reset and start from scratch.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I didn't restore anything but my Nova launcher layout. Everything else was setup from scratch.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Last one before I go to bed and it goes on the charger. Seems like 6 1/2 hours would be achievable. We'll see tomorrow if it does as good as today since I'll be out most of the day and away from WiFi.

d26204851d31a0a59f6101be419b8123.jpg

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I guess everyone gets mixed results as they use their devices differently. I have location turned on high and I use my device alot for browsing, Instagram and email, and I'm only getting a little over 4 hours SOT.

Attachments

• 9636.jpg
    9636.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 67

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I guess everyone gets mixed results as they use their devices differently. I have location turned on high and I use my device alot for browsing, Instagram and email, and I'm only getting a little over 4 hours SOT.

Attachments

• 9637.jpg
    9637.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 69