Anybody having buyer's remorse?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you use two separate lines when using two phones or do you just switch sims?

Whichever phone I get (heavily leaning G6 but waiting for Thursdays news), I'd like to use my iPhone 6 as my running phone since run a lot every week and an occasional marathon and it handled all the shaking and sweat and mountain biking it's faired better than me at times when I get ejected off the bike lol. I think the G6 would handle it just as well... S8... hm... but the Iphone is also a great size for stuff like that too but if I don't know if I wanna keep swapping sims so many times a week.

I'm getting both. :)

I've been saving for a new phone for awhile, and I had enough the buy the G6 outright, and use JOD for the S8. One will be my daily driver, the other a business phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you use two separate lines when using two phones or do you just switch sims?

Whichever phone I get (heavily leaning G6 but waiting for Thursdays news), I'd like to use my iPhone 6 as my running phone since run a lot every week and an occasional marathon and it handled all the shaking and sweat and mountain biking it's faired better than me at times when I get ejected off the bike lol. I think the G6 would handle it just as well... S8... hm... but the Iphone is also a great size for stuff like that too but if I don't know if I wanna keep swapping sims so many times a week.

Yeah I switch sims when I need to, which can be a pain but you get used to it. I've always carried two phones but eventually settle primarily on one.

It is nice, however I have made my choice, and unless one of these devices really disappoints, these will be my two for a good while. That takes me out of the running for the next Note and Pixel. That's the downside.

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I switch sims when I need to, which can be a pain but you get used to it. I've always carried two phones but eventually settle primarily on one.

It is nice, however I have made my choice, and unless one of these devices really disappoints, these will be my two for a good while. That takes me out of the running for the next Note and Pixel. That's the downside.
I took advantage of the T-Mobile 2 for $100 all in. Now my iPhone 7 and G6 both have connectivity :)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Haha. Thanks. I'm a phone junkie...It's my weakness. I can't resist new technology. My wife hates me for it, among other things.

Your wife and mine could start a support group. She despises my habit. Over the past few years I've probably gone through 20-30 phones. This G6 sounds promising, though. I'm waiting on the unlocked one to hit the shelves.

skinnytoo201

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar track record to yours. In the last year I've used the S7, S7 edge, HTC 10, Note 7, LG V20, Pixel, Pixel XL, Moto Z Play, LG G6 and a few iPhones sprinkled in there. The phone I miss most is the Note 7. That checked all the boxes for me. I like the G6 alot, but I'm sure after this Wednesday I'll want an S8 or S8+.
Same here, but toss in the Axon 7, Huawei Mate 9, Honor 6, OnePlus 3 and 3t, Mi Mix, Mi Max and Moto G (just for a day as I was waiting for one to arrive)

skinnytoo201

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Your wife and mine could start a support group. She despises my habit. Over the past few years I've probably gone through 20-30 phones.
LMAO mine as well. She has same reaction everytime I come home with a new device (and she notices right away) "OMG another new phone!?!!? What is wrong with you!!!?!!" Lol

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Haha!! I always get the look and "ANOTHER new phone?!?!?!"
Yep. I know how that goes. Just this year I have had the v20, mate 9, 3t, Moto z play, Moto z, S7 edge, 7 plus, Mi Mix, Zenfone 3 ultra, Zenfone 3 deluxe, pixel, xperia xz, windows 950xl, blackberry private, dtek 60 and now the g6 and that's just since 2017. My wife gave up a while ago. I have always been like this since the Motorola Star tec released. Just love to try new things.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yep. I know how that goes. Just this year I have had the v20, mate 9, 3t, Moto z play, Moto z, S7 edge, 7 plus, Mi Mix, Zenfone 3 ultra, Zenfone 3 deluxe, pixel, xperia xz, windows 950xl, blackberry private, dtek 60 and now the g6 and that's just since 2017. My wife gave up a while ago. I have always been like this since the Motorola Star tec released. Just love to try new things.
I found a simple solution years ago with mine. She has her credit card, I have mine. She pays her bill, I pay mine. She doesnt question my electronics, I dont question why she needs 30 pairs of running shoes. I still get that look when she notices a new phone but never says a word unless she wants to play with it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

You definitely have me beat. I've had the 6s Plus, 7 Plus, HTC 10, Honor 8, LG V20, Pixel and Pixel XL, and OP3T. We must be close in age. That was my first foray into "cool" cell phones. I had some bricks before that, but that phone was my gateway drug. It's been downhill ever since.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I usually get a new phone every 6 months, but this is the first where I actually did a preorder. Usually I let the bugs work out for the first 2 or 3 months before buying. So hopefully I won't regret buying sight unseen.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
You guys are insane!! My mom gets mad at me when I just get the new iPhone every year. I thought me owning 4 android phones in 2 years back in the HTC Thunderbolt/Droid Bionic era was crazy. But you guys need help. LOL

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Same here, but toss in the Axon 7, Huawei Mate 9, Honor 6, OnePlus 3 and 3t, Mi Mix, Mi Max and Moto G (just for a day as I was waiting for one to arrive)

I had the Mate 9 for a couple of days and returned it. Same with the Honor 6. And I failed to mention the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The 3T was the only budget phone that I liked.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
LMAO mine as well. She has same reaction everytime I come home with a new device (and she notices right away) "OMG another new phone!?!!? What is wrong with you!!!?!!" Lol

I don't even get that reaction anymore. I used to try and cover it up but my kids would rat me out with "Dad, you got another phone?"

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Same here, probable get new phones every month :( we need therapy :)
I may return mine, we'll see, my screen is way too dim. no auto brightness and almost 95% is still way too dim compared to other devices.

Last edited:

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Same here, probable get new phones every month :( we need therapy :)
I may return mine, we'll see, my screen is way too dim. no auto brightness and almost 95% is still way too dim compared to other devices.

Using auto brightness the screen does go way too dim and not being able to adjust the slider without turning auto brightness off has been a bit annoying. That so far is my major complaint.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Using auto brightness the screen does go way too dim and not being able to adjust the slider without turning auto brightness off has been a bit annoying. That so far is my major complaint.

You can hit the sun button next to the slider in auto mode but it only moves to 0, 50, 90% without turning off the auto brightness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781