Anybody having buyer's remorse?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
My G6 is on the way, and my S7 Edge is going to my neice. Just wondering if any early adopters are have mixed feelings about this device, or is it a winner all the way?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
So far no remorse at all. Liking the size, screen, battery life and overall performance alot. Need a few more days to form a complete opinion but so far liking it alot.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Far far I'm enjoying it. Will have to use it a few days at work to fully see if there are any issues with my daily routine. I can say there is nothing right away that makes me think that I need to return it. Usually if I don't like a device there is something I feel like I'm compromising about pretty quickly.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Not yet. Loving this phone so far. I'm still very impressed with the build. And the battery life has been great so far. Camera is excellent as well for my needs. Not sure if I'll get the s8 but for now I don't plan on replacing this device.

Joe C7

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
No remorse at all… it fits in the hand perfectly, it has great signal performance because of the glass back. Signal capture and wifi performance is not really highlighted in the reviews.. Side by side, cell signal redings are higher compared to my old s7 which has become slugish after the 7.0 upgrade. You wont be disapointed. Get one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Blahhh you guys are making me want a G6! Lool. I usually have buyer's remorse when it comes to a bigger purchase like a phone; but I very quickly get over it because I love the phone in question so much. :) But that's just me - I'm a phone geek.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Blahhh you guys are making me want a G6! Lool. I usually have buyer's remorse when it comes to a bigger purchase like a phone; but I very quickly get over it because I love the phone in question so much. :) But that's just me - I'm a phone geek.
Right there with you. This is my 13th phone in the past 10 months not counting the times I rebought a phone I sold. The Mate 9, Note 7 and G6 are the only ones I didn't dislike after 24 hours. I'm hoping this one continues to impress me because so far it's a fantastic device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Right there with you. This is my 13th phone in the past 10 months not counting the times I rebought a phone I sold. The Mate 9, Note 7 and G6 are the only ones I didn't dislike after 24 hours. I'm hoping this one continues to impress me because so far it's a fantastic device.

I love your phone record! That's amazing! Also, the G6 sounds fantastic!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I have a similar track record to yours. In the last year I've used the S7, S7 edge, HTC 10, Note 7, LG V20, Pixel, Pixel XL, Moto Z Play, LG G6 and a few iPhones sprinkled in there. The phone I miss most is the Note 7. That checked all the boxes for me. I like the G6 alot, but I'm sure after this Wednesday I'll want an S8 or S8+.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar track record to yours. In the last year I've used the S7, S7 edge, HTC 10, Note 7, LG V20, Pixel, Pixel XL, Moto Z Play, LG G6 and a few iPhones sprinkled in there. The phone I miss most is the Note 7. That checked all the boxes for me. I like the G6 alot, but I'm sure after this Wednesday I'll want an S8 or S8+.

You, too, are an inspiration. 😊

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The note 7 was perfect and I wish they would have rereleased it. The one reason I won't touch the s8 is the curved screen. I'm over that feature and wish it would go away. Now when the note 8 comes out I'll hop right on board but I'll still hate the curved screen.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Have you owned any of the V series? If so, how does the G6 compare?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
The note 7 was perfect and I wish they would have rereleased it. The one reason I won't touch the s8 is the curved screen. I'm over that feature and wish it would go away. Now when the note 8 comes out I'll hop right on board but I'll still hate the curved screen.

I hear you on the curved display, but it will be more subtle like the Note 7. I didn't mind that too much.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Have you owned any of the V series? If so, how does the G6 compare?

I had the V20. I prefer the G6 for it's more compact premium design. I also never found the build quality or the 2nd screen worth the price they were asking when it came out. Returned it within the return period.