Yesterday 04:58 PM
68 123
tools
    I posted this in the wrong forum lol. I meant to post in one thread in g6

Edit. What I meant was I was referring to g6 having 32gb lol.
    Ah okay makes sense. I was lost for a minute :P.
    04-22-2017 03:13 PM
    Have you turned off the camera roll preview? That sped things up for me alot.
    I turned the camera roll off and it did launch faster, however, LG did a good job making use of the larger display, so I like that feature and don't want to disable it. This feature is what has set the LG apart from other manufacturers, and it's a shame that it takes the software a while to load.
    04-22-2017 04:24 PM
    Same here at volleyball games today neither are working at all
    Since you and I seem to be doing the same thing with testing out this s8, what are you thinking as far as keeping it or not?

I figured out how to fix a couple of the issues I was having with the force touch button and aspect ratio so that's not bothering me anymore. I spent all day using it exclusively and I'm completely undecided.

One big thing is how delicate the phone feels versus the G6. Battery has been great and there are a few features I do really like such as dual Bluetooth.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-22-2017 07:24 PM
    Since you and I seem to be doing the same thing with testing out this s8, what are you thinking as far as keeping it or not?

I figured out how to fix a couple of the issues I was having with the force touch button and aspect ratio so that's not bothering me anymore. I spent all day using it exclusively and I'm completely undecided.

One big thing is how delicate the phone feels versus the G6. Battery has been great and there are a few features I do really like such as dual Bluetooth.
    I have to give the s8+ a few full days at work. I haven't messed much with the camera yet but haven't been blown away by it. Doesn't seem much better for first impressions. The one thing is the s8+ is much more difficult to handle. I felt like the G6 was perfect in my hand. I think the battery is slightly better. It's the little touches though that makes it tough. Like one handed mode, ability to change resolution, Bluetooth 5. I'll have a better feel in a couple of days.
    04-22-2017 07:50 PM
    I ditched the G6. The S8 is far superior, IMO. Camera, AMOLED screen, speed, Samsung Pay, iris scanner, overall design and UI, overall features do it for me. Loved that G6, but the S8 just seems better to me.
    04-23-2017 06:34 AM
    I ditched the G6. The S8 is far superior, IMO. Camera, AMOLED screen, speed, Samsung Pay, iris scanner, overall design and UI, overall features do it for me. Loved that G6, but the S8 just seems better to me.
    While I'm typing this on my S8 I will disagree that it's far superior.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    04-23-2017 07:30 AM
    While I'm typing this on my S8 I will disagree that it's far superior.
    That probably is a little strong. I think its much better though. Again, just my opinion.
    04-23-2017 08:47 AM
    That probably is a little strong. I think its much better though. Again, just my opinion.
    Sitting here with both Im not sure I would say either is better than the other.

The rear cameras are very comparable. I still cant get good shots of moving objects in low light without them blurring on either camera. Daytime shots are great on both but I will admit the G6 has a tad more noise. It is a bit sharper however on the G6.

The screen on the S8+ is very very nice. Much better than last years with the tinting. The only complaint I have is on auto brightness I feel it is too bright. I find myself turning it down alot. In sunlight it seems a hair dimmer than the G6. I noticed yesterday outside I had to move the S8+ a bit to get out of direct sunlight whereas the G6 was great at any angle.

Battery life on both devices is great. I havent had the S8+ a full day off the charger but yesterday I was outside from 9am till 6pm and went down to 67% with constant use. Ive seen reports of 8 hours SOT but being that Ive only had it 2 full days Im not seeing those numbers just yet. I consitently hit 6 1/2 hours on the G6 so as long as I get that on the S8+ I'll be happy.

The iris scanner and facial recognition are virtually useless unless lighting is perfect. Cant get it to work in sunlight or low light. Thats a big issue nobody seems to have thought about.

LG Pay is coming very soon to rival Samsung pay but I will admit I LOVE Samsung pay. I like the rewards points and the ease of use.

The best thing Ive found on the S8+ is dual Bluetooth audio. It is freaking awesome. I listen to alot of music while doing stuff around the house and I was carrying a Bluetooth speaker room to room but now with the dual audio I am putting one at one side of the house and another at the other side and its so nice. There is a slight delay on the 2nd speaker but if they are in separate rooms its not a problem.

Heres my major complaint with the S8+. It feels extremely delicate and Ive got massive anxiety when carrying it or putting it in a pocket. If I keep it I'll have to either get a Pelican Voyager so I have a built in screen protector or pay $11.99/month for Samsung Premium Care insurance. If a screen protector would work on the S8+ this wouldnt be a concern and its why I love the G6. I toss that thing around like its a tank because I have a screen protector and good case.

This may be the toughest year to choose a phone. The G6 is amazing with a great design, a sense of durability and so user friendly. The S8 series is beautiful and a little more delicate but has some very nifty features as well. I dont want to keep both but I am having the hardest time deciding on which one fits my needs better.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-23-2017 09:10 AM
    Sitting here with both Im not sure I would say either is better than the other.

The rear cameras are very comparable. I still cant get good shots of moving objects in low light without them blurring on either camera. Daytime shots are great on both but I will admit the G6 has a tad more noise. It is a bit sharper however on the G6.

The screen on the S8+ is very very nice. Much better than last years with the tinting. The only complaint I have is on auto brightness I feel it is too bright. I find myself turning it down alot. In sunlight it seems a hair dimmer than the G6. I noticed yesterday outside I had to move the S8+ a bit to get out of direct sunlight whereas the G6 was great at any angle.

Battery life on both devices is great. I havent had the S8+ a full day off the charger but yesterday I was outside from 9am till 6pm and went down to 67% with constant use. Ive seen reports of 8 hours SOT but being that Ive only had it 2 full days Im not seeing those numbers just yet. I consitently hit 6 1/2 hours on the G6 so as long as I get that on the S8+ I'll be happy.

The iris scanner and facial recognition are virtually useless unless lighting is perfect. Cant get it to work in sunlight or low light. Thats a big issue nobody seems to have thought about.

LG Pay is coming very soon to rival Samsung pay but I will admit I LOVE Samsung pay. I like the rewards points and the ease of use.

The best thing Ive found on the S8+ is dual Bluetooth audio. It is freaking awesome. I listen to alot of music while doing stuff around the house and I was carrying a Bluetooth speaker room to room but now with the dual audio I am putting one at one side of the house and another at the other side and its so nice. There is a slight delay on the 2nd speaker but if they are in separate rooms its not a problem.

Heres my major complaint with the S8+. It feels extremely delicate and Ive got massive anxiety when carrying it or putting it in a pocket. If I keep it I'll have to either get a Pelican Voyager so I have a built in screen protector or pay $11.99/month for Samsung Premium Care insurance. If a screen protector would work on the S8+ this wouldnt be a concern and its why I love the G6. I toss that thing around like its a tank because I have a screen protector and good case.

This may be the toughest year to choose a phone. The G6 is amazing with a great design, a sense of durability and so user friendly. The S8 series is beautiful and a little more delicate but has some very nifty features as well. I dont want to keep both but I am having the hardest time deciding on which one fits my needs better.
    I'm actually back on my G6 and likely ditching the S8 for several of the same reasons you have stated. The biggest issue for me is the unlocking methods and the stupid placement for the FPS. Nearly identical camera results but the extra wide angle lens is a win for me. And the beefy build of the G6 compared to the S8.
    04-23-2017 09:24 AM
    I'm actually back on my G6 and likely ditching the S8 for several of the same reasons you have stated. The biggest issue for me is the unlocking methods and the stupid placement for the FPS. Nearly identical camera results but the extra wide angle lens is a win for me. And the beefy build of the G6 compared to the S8.
    Wow.. People usually go the other way.. Glad to see you coming back.
    04-23-2017 12:22 PM
    Ideal would be all the GS8 internals inside the G6 body. Nothing can beat the feel of G6 in the hand, every time I come back to G6 from S8+ I think this thing feels so good in the hand.
    jdfry15 and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    04-23-2017 07:20 PM
    I may get the S8...

In a year. When the price has dropped. :P
    04-23-2017 08:31 PM
    Ideal would be all the GS8 internals inside the G6 body. Nothing can beat the feel of G6 in the hand, every time I come back to G6 from S8+ I think this thing feels so good in the hand.
    How would you compare the ergonomics between the 2 phones?
    04-24-2017 07:26 PM
    How would you compare the ergonomics between the 2 phones?
    G6 has the best ergonomic not even close
    Jeremiah Bonds and jdfry15 like this.
    04-24-2017 07:32 PM
    I wouldn't get the S8. I bought the G6 for my daughter and I'm patiently waiting for the V30 for myself
    04-24-2017 09:55 PM
    Just purchased the G6 here in India... 64gb with hi-fi dac and 1 time free screen replacement within 6 months and got awesome 10k cash back on launch day
    Excited to get my hands on
    Brought blue color
    Yesterday 07:06 AM
    Just purchased the G6 here in India... 64gb with hi-fi dac and 1 time free screen replacement within 6 months and got awesome 10k cash back on launch day
    Brought blue color
    that sounds like an amazing deal.
    Yesterday 04:12 PM
    Brought blue color
    I seen the 10k cash back and almost had a heart attack. Then I remembered you guys use rupees over there 😂. Still, great deal!
    Yesterday 04:58 PM
68 123